Hypoglycemia?

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
Do any of you have it? Every now and then I get very shakey and lightheaded and right after I get some food in me, I'm fine again. This can happen a couple of times a week to a few times a year - but has been going on for quite a long time. My sugar can drop to 74 2 hours after I eat lunch and then back up to 103 after I have somethign else to eat. Like I said though, this doesn't happen all the time. I was worried about it being diabetes, but it seems as though it's more hypoglycemic related. I'm going to get a physical in a couple of weeks but just wanted some input before then. Thanks ladies! :hug:

I used to get this occasionally, particularly during my first year of uni (so somehow related to stress perhaps?). Also alcohol used to make it worse, even in very small amounts. At the time I had all the tests done, and I didn't have diabetes. Now I'm careful to eat regularly and have snacks if necessary (stops me being grumpy too!).

Hope you're okay, I'm sure the tests will come back fine. :hug:

I got it in my last pregnancy :(

I hated it....the endochronoligist told me to eat little and often to balance my blood sugars and in the case of my sugars dipping I was to have full fat coke and a chocolate bar to give my sugar levels a quick boost then to eat say a banana sandwich to keep them balanced.

:hugs:

This is odd.
I get like this if i dont eat enough or if i dont eat regular. I get shakey and angry and feel really shite. But my brother has it, and when they diagnosised him, i told them i got the same and the doctor said "females cant have it"

:shrug:

This is odd.
I get like this if i dont eat enough or if i dont eat regular. I get shakey and angry and feel really shite. But my brother has it, and when they diagnosised him, i told them i got the same and the doctor said "females cant have it"

Wow! I can't believe the doctor said that! Of course females can have hypoglycemia!! Makes you wonder sometimes where doctors get their medical degrees!

I believe some dr's get them at the pound shop :lol:

This is odd.

I feel the same and I was told with my first pregnancy I had it, then withmy third they said it was just nerves. I think each doc has their own theory.

Right im going back to the doctors about it...altho can they do much about it??

Thanks girls xx

Right im going back to the doctors about it...altho can they do much about it??

Thanks girls xx

Elli, I don't think they can do much about it per se but they can advise you on what to eat and how frequently to keep it from happening. Also, if it happens pretty frequently (like mine do) it would be a good idea for them to test you just to make sure you don't have diabetes. Good luck when you do go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->