Hypospadias?

Vicky2806

Finlay & Angel Connor
Reaction score
When my little boy was born the foreskin on his willy was pulled back a little bit of the end and when he has a wee it literally hits the wall!! Well have just took him for an outpatients appt at hospital and he has hypospadias :cry:

It basically means the hole where he wees from is underneath and in the wrong place and the hole at the end is closed over - they have said he will have to have an operation when he is 18 months at Alder Hey to make it right and although they say it is nothin to worry about and everything should be fine after the op I just wondred if anyone else has a little boy who has this or has had the operation.

Thanks

Vicky XXx

My son has this and he has an appointment in November.

Let me know how you get on - they said they do about 3-4 ops a week so its quite common but its still scary thinkin your little one has to have an op - am gonna try an forget about till he has to have it done XXX

Let me know how you get on - they said they do about 3-4 ops a week so its quite common but its still scary thinkin your little one has to have an op - am gonna try an forget about till he has to have it done XXX

I will do. Can't say i'm looking forward to him having an operation, but will be happy when it is sorted out.
At least when he pees on me it doesn't hit my face lol

Max has the same problem well i think anyway , his foreskin never developed completely it only covers half of his penis head but he can pee normally they told me not to worry and it should either fix itself or ill fix it later on but for now theres no problem

Max has the same problem well i think anyway , his foreskin never developed completely it only covers half of his penis head but he can pee normally they told me not to worry and it should either fix itself or ill fix it later on but for now theres no problem

see I thought it was just his foreskin pulled back an he might just need a circumsision but they are gonna have to make a new tube cause the hole is in the totally wrong place!! xx

Oh i see , Yeah they thought it was like that with max too and they made me sit there with a butt naked baby to see where the pee came out of , lucky for us hes okay .

I hope your lil man will be okay too xx

OMG i just checked max out of curiousity and his is closed also :( his hole is very low but there thank god ..his dr said it was ok is she nuts?? she never mentioned the operation should i mention this when i go see her ?

My friend's son has this - his operation is due quite soon, will let you know what happens and how he gets on.

His hole is really low too - and all his foreskin is collected on the top - he doesn't seem at all bothered by it though :)

Does anyone know what the actual op entails?

Yes exactly max was born like that with his foreskin collected on top I just noticed the hole :( my poor lil man ..

OMG i just checked max out of curiousity and his is closed also :( his hole is very low but there thank god ..his dr said it was ok is she nuts?? she never mentioned the operation should i mention this when i go see her ?

I would defo mention it - Finlays willy looks normal but he wees from a hole just underneath and the hole on top is closed - hope evrything works out okay am sure he will be fine xx

My friend's son has this - his operation is due quite soon, will let you know what happens and how he gets on.

His hole is really low too - and all his foreskin is collected on the top - he doesn't seem at all bothered by it though :)

Basically they have to close the wrong hole and create a new hole on top and make the tube inside in the right place - I have bin told sometimes they have to do a skin graft to help create the new tube - he will have to have a catheter in for a week after the op too - but this should create no problems for when he is older and if he didnt have it done he would have to wee sitting down :cry:

Are there suppose to be 2 holes with this condition as i can only see one on Jack? I'm confused...

Basically they have to close the wrong hole and create a new hole on top and make the tube inside in the right place - I have bin told sometimes they have to do a skin graft to help create the new tube - he will have to have a catheter in for a week after the op too - but this should create no problems for when he is older and if he didnt have it done he would have to wee sitting down :cry:

I didn't know it was so intricate - thanks goodness something can be done though. I always worried it might hurt him or it would get infected :sad1:

Are there suppose to be 2 holes with this condition as i can only see one on Jack? I'm confused...

There is only one hole but not the right place heres a picture to see

https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/Notes/images/urogen/hypospadia.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"