Hypothetical discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't discussed but when I got pregnant I told him I wasn't having any of the tests. Having a baby who is downs free is no means an guarantee of having a "perfect" baby. There are so many different conditions you could still end up with a child that has a learning disability, autism, baby could suffer from birth trauma and end up with cerabal palsy. You could get two years down the line and find out your child has arthritis like I have. A child is a blessing no matter what shape or form they come in and you should be greatfull of what you get when there are millions of women who would kill to be in your shoes.

I think it's fairly selfish not to involve your partner in the decision making of a pregnancy. I presume in most cases pregnancy is a choice that two people enter together, so it makes sense to me that any discussions of disabilities shouldn't be as black and white as 'I'm not getting the testing, deal with it', if I didn't want to know whether my baby was disabled but my husband did, I'd accept his rights as a father to know whether or not he is going to be fathering a disabled child.
Whilst a child is a blessing, I also don't think there are many women that would 'kill' to be in a position of finding out their child has a life limiting or potentially life threatening condition, even those suffering with infertility.

Please read the forum rules

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"