Hypothetical question...

I prob would, but put into LO's saving acct. We do this with our sons child benefit money already so he has some savings for when he is 18.

Yes! I'd probably put half in my LO's savings account (once it's set up :dohh:) and give the other half to charity.

I'd still claim - its only money the government would keep otherwise and spend on something like decorating their garden shed!

Yes...in our situation we plan to use things like this and child benefit etc to set up a savings plan/trust fund for LO. We pay a lot in tax and it's nice to get something back for it sometimes.

Yeah I would.

If my husband earned £75k I'd expect to have a lovely big house, with a lovely big mortgage lol....so we'd probably need it!

And if I didn't need it I'd put it into the trust fund :) x

Sure would (if I had the option over here!). I'd put it into a savings account for baby.

I would, like others have said someone earning that much would pay loads of tax, and I bet they would do a proper tax return to make sure they were claiming any deductions from that which they are entitled to, this is only similar in my opinion.

Also, the financial info I got from my midwife was v out of date and said something about possible plans to let you claim child benefit from 30 weeks pregnant, given this never happened I think it was just the sweetner from the government to appease people.

I probably would put it in a trust fund or donate it to my local hospital though if I really didn't need it....

definately! My husband pays a fortune in tax so if we can claim a bit back then we will!!! but like most people have said it would go into a trust fund that we have opened for LO xxx

I would and if i didn't need it I would donate to SBCU or Midwives or something related to pregnany and babies in my area.

I agree because the tax thing.

But for those of you stating it is for EVERY pregnant woman...

do you think celebrities should claim??

Yes, because they're still high earners and pay more tax. They put more in and should still be entitled to get something out. I would just hope they would put it to a good cause but if course it's entirely their decision what they do with the money because at the end of the day it's theirs. xx

I would hope that a celebrity would donate it to charity rather than keep it for themselves but yeah, why not? It's not like it goes to someone less well off if they don't.
Charities are struggling at the minute with the recession, so need all the help they can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->