hypothyroid?

babychka

Reaction score
so we have been trying for one year with 1 chemical and my doctor decided just to start an infertility workup "just to see" what's going on. lo and behold...i am hypothyroid, TSH @ 5.22. i still have to go in and talk about the results, see if they will test me to antibodies, etc... does anyone have any experience with this? has this been what has been hindering our TTC efforts? in a way i would be So relieved to find out there is a solution to it all...
but im also nervous. what does this mean big picture?

I've had thyroid issues since I was a teenager. I was initially diagnosed as hyperthyroid and later diagnosed with graves disease. I had my thyroid removed and I am permanently on a thyroid hormone replacement. I do believe being hypo would make it more difficult for you to conceive as our thyroids and their levels have such a great command over our bodies and our hormones.

I hope that this is the beginning of you being on the road to successfully conceiving. I know how difficult and frustrating it can be, but it's possible! When my medication and dosage stabilized I was able to quickly and easily conceive my little one on the first try! :)

Good luck with the journey!

Same as above,I was diagnosed with graves and this was preventing pregnancy I had mine removed and fell pregnant about 6 months later but unfortunately miscarried.it's now another year down the line and still no baby but I'm not gonna give up!!!!!good luck I hope you get lucky soon!

Just saw this thread. I was diagnosed hyperthyroid back in November with Graves Disease. I was put on PTU but it didnt help as quickly as my Dr. and I wanted it to. I was switched to methamizole which has made my levels get back into the normal range over the past 8 weeks. I am at a TSH of 2.54 which I have been told is ok for TTC.

I thought it had to be between 1.0 and 2.0?

Anyway, I "think" this is the reason why we haven't fallen pregnant yet. Its been 21 cycles, almost on 2 years here. Getting a little freaked out about all this, hoping that once my levels get regulated it will happen for us.

good luck to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"