Hypothyroid?

PirateMommy

Reaction score
Hi, i wanted to post this to try to find some comfort in my situtation. I recently found out i am pregnant but my hormone level is at 15.. I am estimating i am about 4 and a half weeks pregnant.. so it is very low,my dr had me take another blood test and the level went up to 22 in 3 days. She said she was anticipating it to have multiplied by now and on top of that my TSH level is at 150 which she says is extremely abnormal and referred my to a endoconoligist. I am so worried and scared. Is this hurting my pregnancy? IS it hurting the development since my hormone lefvels are not going up?

A TSH level of 150 is VERY high. I have hypothyroid disease as well. In August, my TSH was 1.460 and in November it was 1.7. I had it checked in August during a yearly physical but when I found out I was pregnant again, I went as a precaution and had it checked again. My OB will check it again as well.

I take Synthroid every morning to regulate my thyroid (even through pregnancy).

It is very important for your thyroid to be functioning properly during pregnancy! I hope you are able to get some answers.

Not to scare you, but untreated hypothyroid disease can lead to miscarriage. Be sure to meet with a doctor right away. Do you have an OB yet? A normal TSH level is between .5 and 5, so 150 sounds very very very high.

I would think they need to get you on thyroid medication while you are waiting to be seen by the endo. When I first got diagnosed hypo, I had to have my blood tested every few months to make sure the level of the medication was keeping it within normal range.

Have you ever had thyroid problems before?

It could be affecting your pregnancy and definitely needs to be regulated before and during pregnancy. Good Luck hun!

My doctor put on my blood test requisition form, "suspected thyroidism"...I haven't had thyroid problems before...and now this worries me!! The dr didn't say anything to me about it, just put it on my requisition form...to test along with my regular bloodwork. I am over 8 weeks pregnant...and now I'm really worried!!!!!

I have been on thyroid medication for three years now and had the dose increased when I found out I was pregnant but yeah 150 is high, it sounds like hyperthyroidism which is the opposite of hypothyroidism which slows down thyroid function and can cause weight gain, tiredness and cooler body temperature where hyperthyroidism will cause weight loss and extreme body heat and insomnia. Do you have those symptoms as well? if so then it sounds like you have hyperthyroidism which can be treated with a thyroid med like hypothyroidism can

:hugs:

A high TSH is hypothyroidism. A low TSH is considered hyperthyroidism.

150 is VERY high and in lines with hypothyroidism.

https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/tsh/tab/test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->