Hypothyroidism and LP spotting

gradschoolmum

Reaction score
*two disclaimers: first, I'm posting this both here and the general TTC threads. Secondly, please only answer if you have hypothyroidism or have real medical knowledge.

Recently, I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, started synthroid, but still waiting before I go back to dr to check levels. All this to say, I haven't had much of a Chance to talk with my dr yet and have only researched. I read that mid cycle bleeding in LP is common for hypothyroids- is this your experience? I have it every few months around 7-9 dpo, and I always convince myself it's IB, even though I now that's uncommon

What's your LP spotting experience?

Yes yes yes. I always hope its IB too. Now, I've never been told by my doctor that my hypothyroid issue is what is causing my spotting around that time (or any other spotting for that matter - cuz I spot at other times in my cycle too)...but its something I plan on asking my RE next time I am there.

I also have PCOS, and other issues so I have a feeling my RE will be wary of telling me its any one particular thing. Especially because people with perfectly healthy/normal everything still experience random spotting sometimes.

If I ever get clarity from my RE on this I'll try and pull this thread back up and update you.

Yes, please do! I go to the gyno on the 25th for a checkup and talk about ttc, so I hope he can give some insight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->