i already feel bad enough...

Missy85

Reaction score
So beginning of March i phoned Cats Protectection to get our cat rehomed... I love her to pieces and was :cry: down the phone... they took details and put us on waiting list..

I thought today i would ring and just see if they have any more information or know of any other rescue places although it breaks my heart... and the woman could not have been ruder.. I know they obviously have alot of cats to rehome and its a horrible situation but i dont need to be made to feel worse... I am just trying to do the right thing a find a good home for my cat....

So now im sat here :cry: feeling even worse about the whole situation...

oh not thats not nice, how come to need to re-home him, if u dont mind me asking

:hug: sorry to hear about your cat, my OH had a cat that we had to rehome 1 because i was really allregic and 2nd because of baby on the way, it was soo sad even though one of his mums friends took her, but we dont see her because my OH misses her too much :(
Im sure she will go to a good home that some1 will look after her well. do you have any friends that would be willing to take care of her so you can still see her? xxx

:hug: chick!

Don't feel bad, if it's any help to you there is a portal called Catchat.org which deals with cat rehoming, they may be able to help you out.

Its a her and shes all white and lovely (though can be a bit narky but cant all cats?) we also have a German Shepherd and they are getting along fine so it isnt because of him its more space in the house and also i think she is realising there is changes happening...

We were thinking of getting a cat flap in the wall so she has some more independance outside as we are now blocking off our bedroom and spare room up stairs. She currently sleeps in the bathroom...

I was just soo shocked how they spoke to me...... They were trying to scare me also by saying "well some places just put them down" which has made me devastated as thats the last thing i want... she still one of the family...

There isnt anyone really in the family or close that can take her.... I think we will have to find a way to make it work.... i just dont want her to be distressed or feel put out by the changes

Surely being rehomed is a bigger change than a baby?

I know I was worried about my dog when my LO came home, but he was brilliant. Maybe speak to some cat owners and see what their experiences were?

No need for that woman to be rude to you though!

yeah rehoming probably would be a bigger change.... hadnt thought of that

yeah rehoming would prob be worse.

My cat was my baby, til jack came along, and it did take him a while to adjust to the fact he couldnt go in the bedroom, and i couldnt pet him as much, but they get used to it. I wouldnt rehome her, unless you really want rid of her. She will adapt xxx

thanks for all the support girls! Im so tempted to ring them back and complain about her attitude but no point...

i also don't see why she has to be re-homed. obviously it's your decision and it's heart breaking to have to let her go.

but do you absolutely have to?

we have two cats and a pom. none will be re-homed. i think they'll learn to adjust to the coming baby the way they learned to adjust to each other when they came into our lives.

There are ways you can prepare a cat for a new baby, like let her have a sniff at the baby stuff. You can close her out of the baby room, but let her investigate it first so she doesnt feel the need to go see whats in there.
Ive been keeping stuff out that we would be using like the pram, car seat etc so my cat is used to everything. She tried getting in the pram a few times but now isnt bothered, same with the cot and other stuff.

I agree with Ag - let your cat explore the baby stuff and the cat will be more prepaired.

Were you planning on rehoming the dog too?

If, when baby is here, the pets cause problems for baby, I can understand rehoming, but I don't understand when people love their pets, getting them rehomed, because there will be a baby too. Obviously it's your choice and I'm not trying to sound nasty, just saying that I don't understand hun.

keep your kitty, she will adapt.

If its a space issue your dog will take up more room, Im not saying get rid of either because I love animals especially dogs, but Id have thought if the issue was space you would rehome your dog?

my advice, keep both :D everyone will adapt to the lack of space, even you.
xxx

I can see all your points and none of you have been nasty so thank you

I agree it seems silly to try and do this when im so upset and the space issue is true and dog does take up more room! My hubby has said lets just keep going and see what happens, we will have a cat flap installed and make some nice cosy place outside for her so she can come and go... I went upstairs as we are planning on blocking room soon and saw her on thebed having her usual nap and we ended up having a sleep together :cloud9:

I never thought id love an animal soooo much but they become part of the family!

Do you think i need to block off what we want to soon? our bathroom is downstairs so we would be blocking at top of stairs..

I would yea, the sooner you make the changes the longer she has to get used to it.

:) glad to hear that you've made a decision to keep her.

Again I gre with Ag. The sooner you do it, the less likely she'll be to realise why you're doing it (ie, baby won't be there straight away, so she'll get used to it before baby comes, instead of having her nose shoved out as baby comes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->