I already want another.....

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Kiwiberry, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Kiwiberry

Kiwiberry Mommy to 3 miracles

Am I crazy? My youngest is only 5 months old and I already want another baby...... I'm worried family and friends would react harshly too.... Also I haven't even lost all the weight I gained with my son (roughly 80lb).

2. SummerMother

SummerMother Well-Known Member

People may see it as crazy this day and age. I however do not. My DS1 was such an easy baby that by the time he was 5 months we started trying for our 2nd and I was pregnant by the time my DS1 was 7 months.

There is 16 months between DS1 & DS2. It is honestly kinda nice. I was still in baby mode by the time I had DS2 came so it was all natural to me. At 16 months DS1 was off playing by himself with his toys as he was at the independent play stage.

Now I have a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old and they love playing & doing the same activities. They are thick as thieves.

I was still holding on to about 15lbs of baby weight when I got pregnant with DS2. In my case I ended up only gaining 15lbs through my 2nd pregnancy and after delivery I was 10lbs lighter than i started that pregnancy. Basically I lost 10 of the 15 I had after my 1st pregnancy. That I think was just luck. The body is unpredictable.

3. Jft1

Jft1 Well-Known Member

I've not even had my first and I'm already thinking about number 2. I'm due in November and I've said to DH that I'd like to start trying again in May. There's 15 months between my brother and I and I loved it growing up as we were so close. I'd love my two to be as close. I'm sure people will understand. If you're healthy, baby is doing well and you can afford it, why not start trying? Good luck