I already want another.....

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
Am I crazy? My youngest is only 5 months old and I already want another baby...... I'm worried family and friends would react harshly too.... Also I haven't even lost all the weight I gained with my son (roughly 80lb).

People may see it as crazy this day and age. I however do not. My DS1 was such an easy baby that by the time he was 5 months we started trying for our 2nd and I was pregnant by the time my DS1 was 7 months.

There is 16 months between DS1 & DS2. It is honestly kinda nice. I was still in baby mode by the time I had DS2 came so it was all natural to me. At 16 months DS1 was off playing by himself with his toys as he was at the independent play stage.

Now I have a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old and they love playing & doing the same activities. They are thick as thieves.

I was still holding on to about 15lbs of baby weight when I got pregnant with DS2. In my case I ended up only gaining 15lbs through my 2nd pregnancy and after delivery I was 10lbs lighter than i started that pregnancy. Basically I lost 10 of the 15 I had after my 1st pregnancy. That I think was just luck. The body is unpredictable.

I've not even had my first and I'm already thinking about number 2. I'm due in November and I've said to DH that I'd like to start trying again in May. There's 15 months between my brother and I and I loved it growing up as we were so close. I'd love my two to be as close. I'm sure people will understand. If you're healthy, baby is doing well and you can afford it, why not start trying? Good luck

This honestly scares me. I had the baby blues pretty badly with my son. It honestly frightens me to have another baby. My partner wants more kids, but i don't know if i have it in me. I wish i was like that!! I feel like something is wrong with me for not wanting another baby. Good on you!

I got broody as well around that point.
It's nothing to do with anyone else though, it's your life and totally up to you :)

DS has just turned 3 months old and I wouldn’t say never to another child when he’s a bit older. People might react badly but it’s your life your family ! I always think of future celebrations and I’d like to think of them being fun and very busy with my children not boring and empty.

This honestly scares me. I had the baby blues pretty badly with my son. It honestly frightens me to have another baby. My partner wants more kids, but i don't know if i have it in me. I wish i was like that!! I feel like something is wrong with me for not wanting another baby. Good on you!

Nothing wrong at all your just trying to protect yourself ! I suffered with anxiety badly with DD1 and stop me from trying but I didn’t want DD1 being an only child . DD2 I suffered a few weeks of anxiety but not as bad as with DD1 . DS touch wood it’s been good so far ! It’s a 50/50 thing you may or may not suffer again! There’s help and support too if you do decide to try in the future x

Yes kiwi!!

We want a little boy so badly next time though

No ure not crazy hon. I've just had my baby a week and a half ago and he was gonna be the last due to my age. I'm 39 (40 in December)

Well we have decided to try for just one more in about 18 months. I'll be 41 when we start ttc and I really hope it happens and I'm not to old.

I think if I was younger I wud leave it a bit longer but I've worked it all out and if we are blessed with another baby then there will be 2 to 3 year age between my Tommy and the his sibling which I think is nice.

I was just worried I'm gonna be to old. We were so lucky with Tommy and conceived within the the first month of ttc but I'm not sure we will be so lucky next time esp with me being over 40.

Theres a 7 year age gap between my baby and my youngest child so I think it wud be lovely for Tommy to have a little brother or sister close in age. I wud do it sooner but dont think I can handle having 2 babies under 2 so gonna hold out until he is 18 months until we start ttc again. March 2021 is when were planning to start trying.
Is 41 to old?
It's so crap that us womon have a giant clock hanging above our heads. I feel better now as a new mum at 39 than I did with my first baby at 23. Theres just such a huge stigma about older mums. :-(

Sugger 41 is not old at all ! Long as your fit and healthy go for it ! People will always have an opinion on what’s right/wrong !

It’s your life so enjoy it stuff other people ! Wishing you the best of luck xx

Sugger 41 is not old at all ! Long as your fit and healthy go for it ! People will always have an opinion on what’s right/wrong !

It’s your life so enjoy it stuff other people ! Wishing you the best of luck xx

Thank you hon yes ure so right. I've spoken to some more health professionals who have all said 41 42 isnt old at all.
Were gonna start trying in march 2021.
<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back