• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I am a BAD BAD MOMMY!

suzan

Reaction score
It was so hot yesterday that I opted to turn on the A/C. We usually have the other's room on with its door open so that it cools the whole house because we dont want our son to be exposed to cold air now.

But since I was hot and sweating, I turned the A/C in our room for a couple of hours and then switched it off.. so I am sure that this is the reason the house felt like a freezer while sleeping :dohh:

Our son woke up fussy at 4am. I put his paci on, but kept fussing again :dohh: and then I started hearing as if he couldnt breathe well.. So I took him to clean his nose, and it turned out that he had a runny nose :cry: that's why he couldnt breathe well.. I sucked out everything while he was sleeping and crying :cry: I felt so bad :cry:

I put him between us in our bed, and covered him well in case he was cold. :cry: He slept within seconds!! I don't want him to be sick now :cry:

Bad bad bad mommy... that's me! :cry:

dont feel bad hun.....germs/bugs give us colds...not the actual cold itsself so your not to blame......he will unfortunatly experience many many colds but will build up a good immune systemn xx

Awww! Don't feel bad. He won't get ill because he's been a bit chilly, i'm sure.

I've been in bed before now, and i've heard Harry grunting and rustling around, and i've just ignored him thinking he was just being silly. He carried on and on, and eventually I reluctantly got up to check on him to find that he'd kicked all his covers off and his little arms were freezing - they felt like stone! I felt so bad and wrapped him up in a thick blanket and cuddled him until he was toasty warm. He was asleep again in no time and was fine afterwards.

They're tougher than we give them credit for you know!

Just in case he gets sick, I think that 'normal' amount of colds for a babies and young children is 2-4 colds a year.

So dont feel bad that he got cold - and if it makes you feel any better, one warm evening I put Jasper to bed in just a short-sleeve vest and I wrapped him - about 3am I went into his room and his room was freezing cold as I'd left him the window open and he'd unwrapped himself and his arms and legs were icy cold! I felt sooooo bad!

We're mummies, but we dont always get it right!

Aw hun don't feel bad! I'm sure it wasn't due to the cold air! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"