I am absolutely miserable right now. (Just got Implanon removed)

Jitter

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm wanting to try very soon. Today I had the implanon removed. I thought everything would be fine, but...

I had the Implanon removed out of my arm today and I've suffered already from 2 nose bleeds and I'm having mood swings. I want to cry but after I am okay, and then it's the same cycle and I'm getting cramping in my stomach, but no spotting yet. I feel miserable because I don't know what is happening to me, but at the same time I do I think. I think I need people to talk to. Has anyone that has been on birth control witnessed this too? These changes are literally making me feel horrible! And it hasn't even been 10 hours :/

I don't have any advice but didn't want to R&R. Hope you start to feel better soon hun, i'm sure it's just temporary and will be so worth it when you have a baby in your tummy :hugs: x

You are right, it will be worth it when it's over! I know pregnancy can be worse but it's so rewarding in the end. :)

I went from implanon to a bcp (because we weren't quite ready to have nothing when my implant was due to be removed), so I don't know what of my ordeal was implant withdrawal symptoms and what was new hormone pill symptoms, but in that time period, I was an absolute wreck. I lean more towards it being pill related because I had been given this one in the past with bad symptom results (generic Yasmin, which is odd because I didn't have as severe of issues with the regular) and just forgot to ask this new doctor to specify name-only on the script. Anyways, I was so bad that I was throwing things and crying over what I knew was absolutely nothing. Yeah, just a complete monster. Most brutal cramps I can recall in all my life. Very well could be a combination of the two changes. Went off the pill about 2 months ago, now, and there was definitely some moodiness again. Feel like I'm finally starting to get back to normal, but still occasionally feel like some effects are sneaking in now and then. Just sharing my "fun" so you hopefully know you are not alone! It does get better, slowly but it does! :hugs:

I weighed myself, I was 113.5KG 10 hrs ago.. And out of curiosity I went to weigh myself again, I now weigh 112.5KG! Wow and I didn't realize the weight would slip off THAT QUICKLY! I'll keep you guys updated on how I feel. Still feeling pretty bad but more in shock now because ever since the implanon I've had trouble with weight and seemed to be hungry more.

I went from implanon to a bcp (because we weren't quite ready to have nothing when my implant was due to be removed), so I don't know what of my ordeal was implant withdrawal symptoms and what was new hormone pill symptoms, but in that time period, I was an absolute wreck. I lean more towards it being pill related because I had been given this one in the past with bad symptom results (generic Yasmin, which is odd because I didn't have as severe of issues with the regular) and just forgot to ask this new doctor to specify name-only on the script. Anyways, I was so bad that I was throwing things and crying over what I knew was absolutely nothing. Yeah, just a complete monster. Most brutal cramps I can recall in all my life. Very well could be a combination of the two changes. Went off the pill about 2 months ago, now, and there was definitely some moodiness again. Feel like I'm finally starting to get back to normal, but still occasionally feel like some effects are sneaking in now and then. Just sharing my "fun" so you hopefully know you are not alone! It does get better, slowly but it does! :hugs:

Thank goodness it isn't just me that feels/felt like this! Birth control is horrible. Next time I'm going on the pill.. Might be better lol

Hey Hun so glad I seen this thread , I'm having my nexplanon removed on thurs 5th June I'm so scared and worried what way ill feel after ,I've had it in over 2 years and I've had enough of it all the headaches , cramping , major weight gain feeling sick and by sounds of it it's doesn't get better hope you feel better soon Hun here if u need to talk xxx

UPDATE: I am starting to get spotting of blood! (TMI?) And cramping too! Does this mean my periods are returning?

It will take your body a little while to settle down and hormones to reach levels that are normal for you.

Sounds like your body is working itself out though if you're spotting :)

Well I'm back to update again.

It IS my period! I feel terrible, my stomach has god awful cramps, however, I feel happy that they're back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->