I am DONE! (vent)

She seems to be expecting flexibility and compassion without giving any in return. I'd say give yourself a break - you don't need the negativity when you are tired too! Maybe give it a bit of time and revisit?

I would have deleted her as well. Just because she has a child it doesn't mean that everything has to be to suit her. I have a child and it's not that difficult to compromise when it comes to catching up with friends. It's not fair to you that she expected you to drive home that late when you're tired from work. I work and to be honest it's much easier to entertain a child while tired than it is to go into work feeling tired. Hope you're ok :hugs: xx

This is what gives mummy's a bad reputation, it's no excuse for her behavior. Im the only one of my friends with a baby and you work around it if you care about making some time for them. She is being selfish and not a good friend to you, maybe you're better off without her negativity and unreasonable attitude. Sorry she treated you like that, not all of us turn like this when we have children.

Sorry you've had that hun :( Everyone has got different priorities however that is not fair of her to be aiming that on Facebook rather than just talking to you about it. You done the right thing by deleting her I think - you removed yourself from potentially having a huge and public argument with her!

It is horrible when friends reach life milestones at different times. I am in a group of 4 girls, friends since school. I'm getting married (SOON!), one girl has just bought a house with her OH and another girl has just got engaged and set a date. Our other friend had a really hard time when her OH left her last year, they had been together the same amount of time as myself and my OH. She suddenly felt like she didn't fit in, and still struggles now as she is starting to date again, and we are all moaning about doing the chores etc. So it definitely is a horrible situation, you'll soon have your own group of mumma friends haha x

You will end up making new friends when you have babies hun. I had this same problem all my friends from school moved away and the only people that seemed to have stayed in the area are the girls who had kids early. I have always felt like I wasn't in the "club" as I was with my oh for nearly 10 years before we had lo therefore were the odd ones out. Now I have had lo all the girls who had babies are a lot older than lo so I am still the odd one out! Try baby groups maybe? I have reconnected with some people on the same wavelength as me by doing this. Generally if your friend isn't willing to make the effort they are not worth it. If you really want a friendship with someone you make the effort. Being a Mummy is difficult yes but so is working so if she still want to be friends she needs to compromise :)

I think it's awful how she's treated you. There was no need for her to do it. Mum or not you have a life too and are busy just as she is.

I have to plan things around my son's appointments, therapies and disability nursery placement which doesn't leave a lot of time but I know my childless friends also have commitments so if they can't make it one day (especially that late TBH I would never schedule something that late I'd be too tired) then I certainly would not react the way she did. I would just pick another day that is good for both of us.

Whilst I don't agree with how she treated you, to an extent I'm the same. Yes I meet up with my friends after my daughter is in bed because she is more important than going to the pub, if that's a problem for my friends for example they want to go earlier then fine, either go an I'll meet you later or we'll find a different day/time that suits both.

Thankfully I have amazing (non mummy) friends who are always happy to accommodate my wanting to put my daughter first but equally I'm happy to take her out to meet ups because she loves my friends (she has so many aunties :haha:) and likewise my friends love her.

It's a give and take both ways, otherwise the friendship won't work

Lol, im glad im not as immature as I feel right now :blush: She actually re added me, she is trying to say the comment wasn't aimed at me but how could it not be?

I'd think she was really looking forward to seeing you, after being stuck at home for days with the baby or something, and that she was very disappointed when you cancelled. Maybe she was exhausted as well, reacted badly and regrets it now?
Anyway, I know how you feel. I'm in a close group of four friends where I'm the only one without kids. There is A LOT of baby talk that you can't relate to and you can't help but feeling left out. There are also playdates I'm not invited to and I've spend hours waiting for them when we had agreed to meet and they had problems putting their kids to bed. I also cannot count the many cancellations and not-showing-ups because of their kids.
I don't think they ever realized how lonely that sometimes was for me, especially when I was single.
And I can't even get back to them because when I'll have a little one at home, their kids will be older and they'll be ready to go out again (they're already doing that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->