I am freaking out!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by pinkmac85, Oct 16, 2008.

1. pinkmac85

pinkmac85 Mom & pregnant with #2

Tomorrow I have my 20 week scan (well I'll be 19 but you get the idea) I am scared sh*tless about it for some reason!! I am terrified something will be wrong! I'm so scared they aren't going to see anything because I'm a heavier girl...I've been in tears all morning and afternoon because I can't stop panicing!

2. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

Im sure everything will be fine, i was the same good luck!!

3. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

Have fun good luck . xxx .

4. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

Take a deep breath and enjoy your scan! Good Luck :)

5. AnnaBanana9

AnnaBanana9 Mummy

:hug: I'm sure all will be well. I was the same last week at our 20 week scan, but tried to relax and enjoy it. Can't wait to see your photos!!!

6. Momma2Violet

Momma2Violet Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement with everyone here...don't worry! You'll be so surprised when that little one pops right up on the screen. Make yourself a cup of something warm and wonderful, sit back and think of how it will be to get a glimpse of your little one in action!!!

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

I was the same! i didnt sleep or anything before I went and was in tears as I thought the same but it was a great exseriance! I near backed out so many times but i am so glad i didnt as it was peace of mind. I know what your going through just try your best to keep calm and enjoy it. Once you see your baby on that screen you will relax and they are understanding of nerves up in hospitals as i was throwing up in the loos with nerves and they where so nice.

8. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

:hugs: I was worried as well but I'm sure everything is fine. :hug:

9. pinkmac85

pinkmac85 Mom & pregnant with #2

Thanks ladies!! Im trying to relax...hubby has put me in his recliner and put my feet up, bought me some movies and bought my favourite kind of cookies..he's trying to relax me, what a sweet guy :)
    Hopefully I'll get some pictures to post!! I had a scan at 8 weeks so can't wait to see how different they are!! :)

10. moo2

moo2 Mommy to George

Oh Pinkmac, I could tell you were worried when you posted on my scan thread earlier... :hugs:
    Don't worry, I loved my having my scan yesterday and they could see everything they needed. It was only when I got home and read my notes I realised my wobbly belly had got in the way! :blush:
    They said nothing at the time and didn't make me feel awkward or anything, they took all the correct measurements. Even commented our LO had really long legs! :cloud9:
    Hope it goes perfectly & you love every minute! Let us know how you get on xxx

11. sammie18

sammie18 Mommy to Allison

Awwwww everything will be ok :) Good luck tomorrow I hope you get sum pics! :)

12. navarababe

navarababe Mummy To Brooke :-)

Aww im sure everything will be great, just sit back and relaz, your going to see your beautiful baby, Have fun, good luck xxx

13. Bearsbaby

Bearsbaby Well-Known Member

I went for my 20 week scan yesterday and was terrified that something would be wrong with the baby. Hadn't slept properly for 2 nights coz I was so worried about the scan and the fact that I haven't felt any definite movements from the baby yet. Well, everything was fine and the baby is measuring bigger than my 20 weeks - by up to 2 weeks in some areas (although I don't know if that's coz the machine is set for typical Asia baby sizes?!?) Dr said the baby is growing nicely. We came away very happy :) and relieved. Only thing was that the baby was being unco-operative and wouldn't pose for either the normal or 4D scan (just got the spine and back of the head) - that disappointed me coz I so wanted to post a good scan pic to my mom back home :( Oh, well... there's always the 24 wk scan I suppose...

14. maria26pc

maria26pc Well-Known Member

relax hun...wishing you goodluck

15. lousielou

lousielou Mummy

I know how you feel. When I had my 13 week scan, I was so, so worried, and managed to work myself up into such a state that I was almost in tears in the waiting room - my OH was mortified! :blush: ...then when I got scanned, I was so relieved and thrilled that I could actually see my little baby on the screen I cried my eyes out anyway! Really hope today goes well for you hun, let us know how you get on :hugs:

16. Logiebear

Logiebear Mum to 4 darlings

Good luck for today hun and I am sure everything will be fine :hugs:

17. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

Good luck today hun, I am so going to be in tears when I have my scan! I am getting worked up and mine isn't until the 29th oct!!! Enjoy it hun.x:hug:

18. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

aww hun good luck for your scan and try not to get too worried about it, it's natural to feel a bit nervous

19. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

I think everyone feels like that at the anomaly one hun. I hope all goes well for you.

20. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

It is a nerve wracking time the 20 week scan but whatever will be will be, and i'm sure you'll be just fine. Enjoy seeing ur lil bubba again xxx