I am going to be so useless in labour!

MellyH

Pregnant (Twins!)
Reaction score
I was at the gym today in a class where you lie on your side and raise your leg up and down - she made us do it 30 times with each leg and it was so painful by the end, my thigh started cramping!!! But it's so funny, every time I'm in pain these days, I'm like "Labour will be worse than this!" and then today I was like "If labour is worse than this then I understand why people ask for drugs!" :haha: I have such a low pain threshold, I'm going to be USELESS.

You will be surprised how much you can do and how much you can handle!! :D I had a natural birth; somehow you just do it!

You will be fine! Its a positive pain as you get a baby :)

You will be fine! Its a positive pain as you get a baby :)

Ha ha I love that, 'you get a baby' like it's the prize at the end! Lol although I suppose it kind of is :)

I thought I'd be the same. I'm useless, and definitely got a low pain threshold. But I surprised myself, did it all on gas&air alone. Transitioned at home and got to the hospital pushing. I left it so late that I wouldn't have been allowed any other form of pain relief if I'd have asked for it.

Don't get me wrong, it bloody hurts! :haha: But its not like you can keep that baby in there forever, and once its over and you've got a baby in your arms, all that pain is forgotten.

I alternate by thinking it'll be fine and I'll be able to manage the pain, to thinking my partner should just knock me out with a frying pan when it starts and wake me up when it's over.

The idea of someone poking a needle into my spine freaks me out way more than the idea of labour pains though so I'll have to cope!

Do you know what? I got cramp in labour and the pain from that was way worse than contractions and if only had gas and air!

Aw! Don't worry. Mu endurance wasn't the greatest when I birthed my daughter, but I did it, and quite well.. hehe

I did end up with an epi (at 10cm, doh!) but up until that point, I managed ok.

Do you know what? I got cramp in labour and the pain from that was way worse than contractions and if only had gas and air!

Hahah, I guess that's good to know!

Thanks for everyone's reassurance. :hugs:

I have a low pain threshold but labour is a different kind of pain. In my mind I knew all that pain was going to lead to something so amazing. Plus your body creates natural pain killers to deal with it. It reminds of my best friend who said from the start of her pregnancy that she wanted a c section and to bottlefeed because she was not good at dealing with pain but she ended up having a natural birth with no pain relief and breastfed for 10 weeks. Its surprising what our bodies can deal with!

I definitely have to say that labor is not nearly as bad as i built it up in my head :) While it was intense, it was manageable because it comes in intervals. Don't worry, I'm the biggest wimp ever and i didn't even shed a tear ;) You'll do great!

I just gave birth naturally 2 weeks ago, you'd be surprised what you can handle in thatbmoment! It does help knowing that at the end of it you will have your baby placed on your belly- it makes every secons worth it! Plus I don't believe labor was half as bad as some people make it out to be, it's all about your mindset going into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->