I am having a mixed baby.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mmommy22bbe, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmommy22bbe

mmommy22bbe Pregnant

Hey, its Torii. I am only 8wks pregnant...having a bi racial baby because I am black, and my husband is white. Is there anyone out there who is bi racial or has had a bi racial child? I want to know if you knew if it was hard growing up with two parents that aren't the same color? Tips?

Thx.

:) :) :)

2. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

aww im sorry this doesnt answer ur question but i think bi racial babies are cuties hehe i want one! :) xx

3. massacubano

massacubano Guest

I thought I would post. I am White. My husband is Latino/Hispanic from Cuba. So, technically yes mine are mixed race. Yes, mine all look a tad diff in skin tone. I have three mixed so our DD Katia is very Latina dark chocolate eyes, very much like her father's side. DS Bobby "Roberto" is very pale in skin tone even to myself! and Juan is not much of either, guess he is my tone more than the other two. HTH :) GL w/ preg! I am a week behind you! June huh?

4. funkym

funkym Well-Known Member

Hiya - i'm chinese and my OH is white!!

5. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I'm white, hubby is Chinese and Hannah is absolutely perfect! :D

6. DevotedMommy

DevotedMommy Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2

I don't think having a biracial child is any different than having children of various different nationalities, as most people do, at least in America. My husband has Irish and many other nationalities in him. I have German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Native American, etc in me... and many other nationalities. One of my best friends in college was mixed (black and white) and I always found her to be the type of person who could get along with and relate to anyone, black, white, latino, chinese, etc. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever known. I think that your baby will be blessed to be biracial. She will be exposed to more diversity than most babies from the start.

By the way, can someone please tell me what "OH" means, lol? I have seen it everywhere on here but I only knew of DH before this board...

7. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

OH=other half

8. DevotedMommy

DevotedMommy Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2

Thanks so much! lol ... I kept thinking it must be something "Husband"... but couldn't think of anything that started with an "O". heh

9. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

Iam British White , My OH is half spanish/cuban ...

My little girl layla looks like dora the explora awwwwww she has such an adorable skin tone :) . But my little boy is lilly white . xxx .

Good luck with your new family . x .

11. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

12. Angeldust

Angeldust Guest

I have a friend that is mixed race her dad is black and her mum is white

13. viejita

viejita Well-Known Member

I'm white, my husband is Latino - can't wait to see what our one looks like.

14. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

Me too me too!

15. joeyjo

joeyjo Mum to 2boys, growing #3

There's an interesting article linked in one of the threads on the twins section about twin babies born to a mixed race couple in the UK. The boy has very dark skin and the girl has very white skin and fair hair, they are of course both gorgeous, you just never know what nature will throw into the gene mix.

16. happyfamily123

happyfamily123 Expecting Baby #3

My son's dad is Panamanian and when I first had my son and the nurse was wheeling me and my son Vincent to my recovery room she told me 'it's okay I have mixed kids too' I coulda punched her right then and there! My son is gorgeous! He has a little bit darker skin but the curliest coppery red hair! The dad isn't there but my husband was very involved from just about the moment Vincent was born and no one says anything to us-- me and oh and VERY WHITE lol!

17. massacubano

massacubano Guest

Yes Layla ( I guess she is the cutie in your icon ) looks very much like my Lil Cubanita too! :) I have to post photos of the kids in private photo board or make a small icon perhaps :hugs:

18. massacubano

massacubano Guest

yes, I saw that! I think on youtube... amazing

19. genkigemini

genkigemini Jack-Jack's Mommy

My uncle is black and my aunt is white so my cousin Cheyenne is bi-racial. She is beautiful, has a wonderful complexion and loves both of her backgrounds. She is the most beautiful girl! Beautiful skin!

20. moose

moose Well-Known Member

DH is chinese and I am white....I wonder which of my features our little one will have!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.