I am NOT a hypochondriac

lunarsea

Mother & Expecting No. 2!
Reaction score
Everyone in my family seems to disregard every worry I have as if I'm some sort of hypochondriac.
They literally think I'm just imagining symptoms and making up things or exaggerating them.

Today I had a weird sharp pain when I urinated, not in the urethra, but around the sides of the groin going towards the back,
and it's come and gone every now and again (very, very seldom), but seems to only come when I've held my urge to pee too long (just a bit tmi)

I then googled my symptoms, which I'll admit never turns out well, and found that it may be some sort of kidney infection.

But last time when I was at the doctors, I told him this, and he said "If you're not urinating frequently, it's not an infection."

Then what's going on?!

Even my doctor doesn't take me seriously!

I know my baby's fine as I just felt him moving around a whole lot earlier,
but I"m still worried this could lead to worse things, if it is anything.

No one will take me to the ER because they think I'm over-exaggerating, and I don't have an appointment till the 4th of January.

Even my doctor doesn't take me seriously! :dohh:

I don't know what to do.

better to be safe then sorry.. always go with your gut feeling.. theres nothing wrong with being worried hun.. hopefully people around you can become more supportive.. :hugs:

Well, it would be easier to get this checked out if I had any means of transportation,
which I don't at the moment,
and my doc won't take me seriously enough to call me in to see me for an appointment, so I'm not sure if I should just wait till my next appointment, or do something now.
even though its impossible to do anything about it.

get a 2nd opinion hun your doctor sounds like mine and is very blazaa- jumping to conclusions b4 actually doing any tests. Is your doctor a male?

I understand what u mean about your family. i get that from mine too. Especially my mum, I cant talk to her about things because it's responses like "u arnt far along enough yet to be....." or "oh stop complaining, it's going to get worse". Mum's are supposed to be good support so i thought. That's why i like this site. You get so many different opinions and advice from so many different experiences, Sure u do get the odd trolls or the odd overly hormonal big negative meanie but the majority are so nice and are always here for support. i have 1 very good friend who has a 2 year old son and she is excellent for helping me out and giving me advice etc but she is just one person with one experience, so coming on here gives a whole lot more variety on responses. I don't know what I would do without her, as I dont get much support from my mum- she has had 7 kids u would think she would like to be abit more helpful!! lol. Sorry to go on and on hun. i hope u get sorted soon and arn't in too much pain xxx :hugs:

Yeah that's exactly how my mother sounds!
But she's only had me, so I'm not sure she remembers much... haha.

But my insurance won't allow any other doctor,
so I'm stuck.

I have antibiotics (amoxycillin) from when I told the doc I had a bladder infection or thought I did before, but I was going through morning sickness,
and sort of wasn't taking responsibility of taking them.

For now, I'm going to take them as they were directed, 3 times a day, until they run out.
That will at least hold over till the appt.

But then again, if I don't need them it will be unnecessary.

I'm just too worried to sit here and do nothing because neither my family nor my doctor takes me seriously.

But thanks for the advice [:

I accepted your request btw

yeh i want to change doctors- I can because I have to pay each time i visit my doctor anyway but everytime ive gone to change doctors all other doctors books are full and wont take on any other patients. I hope I can find one b4 LO is born i dont want to have to sign her up to use the doctor I'm using now! I asked about bladder infection too when i thought I had one but he didnt test he just asked the same as yours- am i peeing frequently which i was, then he asked did it burn and i said sometimes and he was just like well then it wont be a UTI. I mean we are paying them so y dont they test us!? i really question how "proffesional" they are sometimes!!

I know, it really doesn't take THAT long to test.

I suppose they don't want to use any 'unnecessary funds' for the test,
esp for me, considering I don't pay, my insurance (which is crappy) does.

&&For a doctor to disregard something like this as nothing JUST because the symptoms don't fit 100% is very unprofessional in my opinion
:|

Drink lots hun, is really good for washing away urinary infections. Cranberry jiuce is really good. hope you feel better soon xx

I'll be sure to do that,

Oh, and Miiss, I forgot to answer one of the doc questions,
yup, hes a male.

I have a UTI right now and am being treated with antibiotics. That shooting pain whilst peeing was one of the first symptoms. I'd get checked out xxxx

Well, I've already got antibiotics as I mentioned,
but they're from a bout a month or two back when I first mentioned a UTI,
and I never finished taking them, because well... pregnancy brain, but mostly just being forgetful and irresponsible :/
so the best I can do is take them until my doc will see me,
because they don't usually answer my calls or messages often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->