I am pregnant but something is not right...

L

LeQueen

Hi all

I am returning to this forum after about 6 years and under a new username. Hope everyone is well.

I am currently 5+5 weeks. The pregnancy was planned. I have had a few pregnancies before (not all through to term) and have always known I was pregnant before doing a test due to symptoms. This time I have barely no symptoms. I have had an odd bit of clumpy cm (sorry) and a few dizzy spells. I have done a few Clearblue Digital tests since I found out (because I tested only to see if I could drink!) and all of the tests have shown Pregnant 1-2 weeks. I think I have done 6 tests and they have all said this over a 2 week period. My last pregnancy the weeks changed as they should. I know that these things are not exact science but there should be some change by now right? I have also done normal tests and always got a fainter line than the control line. Again, this is not usual for me going by past pregnancies.

So, I suppose I am asking, from those who have had more than one pregnancy: have you ever had one which had no or few symptoms even though you have had before? And for anyone who has used digital tests, have yours ever stuck at 1-2 weeks and you have gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

Thank you for reading :)

Hi! I'm afraid I can give you a mixed answer at best. My successful pregnancies have both had a lot more symptoms than my losses. This current pregnancy seems to be going well though (almost 10 weeks and have had 3 good scans) and started with hardly any symptoms either. But sorry to say, but I think tests not getting darker over such a long time is a bad sign. Can you be seen for an early scan? At nearly 6 weeks, they should be able to tell you if the pregnancy is viable. Everything crossed for you, best of luck!

Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. Whilst I am trying to get pregnant I am also pretty matter of fact about this and fully expecting that this isn't going to last. Sometimes you can just tell I suppose! I was actually going to just let it be and not do anything and see what happens. I've had chemicals before but tests have always gone negative much sooner than this and any loss has sorted itself out by now.

Does anyone else have any experience, good or bad?

I don't have any experience to add, but I'm going through this myself. My doctor is a bit concerned about the possibility of an ectopic. I hope things turn out well for both of us. :hugs:

I'm sorry that you are in this horrible limbo. I'm afraid that my input will not be music to your ears. With the pregnancy I lost I had very few symptoms and had an instinct that the pregnancy would not be viable from the moment I saw the second line on my BFP. The digital test also did not progress as it should, though these tests are notorious for giving pregnant woman false information. The lack of progression of the line on your other tests is also not a good sign, unless you've been testing at different times and your urine has been of varying concentrations. If you are okay waiting to see what happens, then I think that's fine. Otherwise I'd request at least an hCG trend and/or possibly an early scan. Good luck to you, mama. Again, I'm sorry you're in this position.

I think every pregnancy is different.

With my first I was throwing up all over the place, bloated, hormonal from the beginning. My second I did not throw up the entire pregnancy, was barely nauseas or tired and wouldn't have believed I was pregnant unless I'd had the sonogram to prove it. Both very healthy and successful pregnancies.

I don't have any experience to add, but I'm going through this myself. My doctor is a bit concerned about the possibility of an ectopic. I hope things turn out well for both of us. :hugs:

Do you have any symptoms to suggest an ectopic?

The digi tests would worry me although I have seen many panicked posts on here about digis not progressing and all turned out fine.

Symptom wise 5+5 is still very early. I have had two losses one a CP and the other at 10 weeks. I had early symptoms with both that went away on the other hand in my two successful pregnancies I had early symptoms that came and went in the first weeks so loosing symptoms is not always a bad sign. Things settled in at about 6 weeks and I had bad morning sickness. With DD I threw up the day I missed my period and was queasy several days before that. This pregnancy on the otherhand I was fine until 6 weeks when horrendous morning sickness struck and I ended up in bed for weeks with HG. I'm 17 weeks now. So I think 5+5 is a bit early to go by symptoms alone.

I hope everything works out. Not being sure what is going on is horrid. Hugs.

Do you have any symptoms to suggest an ectopic?

Like you, I just felt like something was "off" from the beginning. I got weird results on digitals that kind of confirmed it. Finally, I had some one-sided pain that led me to go to the doctor. They tested my hCG levels and they seemed to be low, but possibly going up and down as well, which points to ectopic. My levels are low enough that they think my risk of rupture is extremely low. At any rate, I know now that this pregnancy is not viable.

I hope you have a better outcome. If you have any one-sided pain, definitely go straight to your care provider. People were trying to be helpful by reassuring me that this pregnancy could be OK, but I was right to trust my instincts in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->