i am really worried.....please tell me what u think!!!

sammieandy

Reaction score
Hi ladies i went for my 1st blood test and my urine test...i have had a letter come this morning say that they have reserved my urine sample and i need to book an appointment with my doctor as soon as i can....what could thus mean xx please don't r&r thanks for reading x

It may mean you have a minor urine infection and need to collect some antibiotics. You can have a UTI without painful symptoms but you do need to get it treated before it gets worse. UTIs are common in pregnancy so if that is what the problem is do not panic!

sorry i'm not sure maybe you should just book ap with doc and go and see. It might just be nothing to worry about. good luck

Maybe your levels are high and theyre thinking twins? Maybe you need to add some vitamins. Dont stress. It will all be ok :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for commenting...i have booked an appointment n its on Thursday could it be anything serious :-( im just scard.... thanks again xx

Probaly just a UTI. I wouldnt worry yet especially if they found it in your urine.

If I were you I would phone and ask what the issue is. Cant believe they were so vague. Its prob a UTI which, providing its treated isnt a big deal. If it were something to worry about they would have called you. x

sammieandy if your doctors are anything like mine if you ask what this means over the phone they will just say 'we cant give out information over the phone' its sooo annoying. when i had my HcG tested to confirm pregnancy i rang for the results and the receptionist said i had to make an appointment with the doctor at my earliest convenience. i was thinking the worst and wondering if he was going to tell me i wasnt pregnant afterall. Turns out it was just to tell me it was positive! I think it will be a UTI too tho seeing as its the urine sample and would try not to worry x

Seems like a weird policy to send a letter that you need to make an appointment. If anything serious comes up in my labs my doctor's office calls me and tells me what is going on and sets up an appointment on the phone with me if necessary!

I can't imagine that this would be anything too serious since they felt that they had time to send a letter and have you call to set up an appointment. Even if it is a UTI, I still think they could have just called u but maybe that's the difference with my living in the states....who knows!

Good luck to you!!!

Probably just a UTI, I have one, doesn't burn when I go to the loo but I do feel a weird sensation after, also if it was something serious they would of booked you in sooner than Thursday. Try not to worry, worrying is no good for baby. :hugs:

I agree probably a UTI.
Let us kow how you get on.

strange to just send a letter. i would call back and ask why you got the letter and why the doc needs to see you? but i am assuming if it was super serious they would have called and made the appointment with you. so try not to worry. good luck.

I agree that it's probably a UTI, but they test for a number of things: https://www.babycenter.com/0_urine-tests-during-pregnancy_1699.bc It could be that you have higher sugar levels than they were expecting, so might want to see you to discuss the possibility of gestational diabetes or steps to get your sugar levels down. If it was super urgent I think they would have said that they need to see you asap.

hey hun, they did this to me once and it frightened the life out of me,i had my bloods and urine checked and about 2 weeks later got a letter sayin i had to come back to the clinic and when i went in they rushed me straight into the ob's office i was terrified!! turned out they had put the wrong label on my blood test and needed me to take another one so everything would be processed together lol!!

as the girls say its more than likely something like a uti or maybe you are a little dehydrated and its shown up in your urine! dont worry too much hun and kep us updated xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->