I am RH-...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by majm1241, Dec 11, 2009.

1. majm1241

majm1241 DS, DD & DD#2 on the way

I had my Rhogam (sp.?) injection after Jace was born but do I need to get one again sinceI am miscarrying now?

2. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

um i think you do hun :hugs: i don't think its an emergency to get it but i would call your Dr. when you get the chance :hugs:

3. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

4. majm1241

Thanks! I am definitely calling the doctor tomorrow.

5. rowleypolie

rowleypolie Mom of 2, #3 on the way

when i lost mine in sept they gave me two. i got the first one a week before the MC because i had started bleeding and i got the second one after my d&c. i have gone crazy thinking that the rh- issue was what made me lose the baby in the first place...but i dont know for sure-

6. holly

holly Mummy to a prince

yes you are definately supposed to get it!! I didnt get mine though only found out when i got preg again! doctors are useless you should definately tell them! xx

7. majm1241

Thanks ladies! I called today and they said DEFINITELY! They said what probably happened was I was pg last month to, had all the symptoms, but miscarried not knowing last month but since I did not get my shot after that it is probably what made me miscarry now. I am getting it today. I feel better knowing an answer.

8. bernina

bernina Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm RH- as well and received the shot with both of my miscarriages. The first was a missed miscarriage so they gave me the shot before they gave me the pills that caused the miscarriage to happen. The second was a chemical and I just woke up to what I would have assumed was a late period except I had taken an early preg test and received a positive. I went into the doctor that day and they gave me the shot, ordered bloodwork, and did a transvaginal ultrasound to see if I was possibly still pregnant or if it was etopic.

Good luck hun and hang in there :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

9. majm1241

Thanks Bernina! They told me I did have a missed miscarriage last month and then this one this month. :shrug: Hopefully this month is our month to get pregnant again. I'm feeling pretty positive about it! January I will get my :bfp: again! :D They were pretty positive that not having the RhoGAM Shot was what did it this time.