I am so LOST!

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
I cannot believe I actually have to post about this, but I am so lost regarding my cycle. :blush:

I had my son Lakai at 24 + 4 weeks on Nov 2, 2008, 16 weeks early. I started pumping right after he was born and I am still 13 months later. And I had not had a period until I had to go on antibiotics to fight a wicked case of "kill me" food poisoning. The very day I started them (Nov 16th) my period magically returned out of no where that very day. I had the witch for 7 days, and before getting pregnant I was regular like clock work!

I got my period on the same day of the month every time and I *believe* my cycle is 30 days (If I get this right...you count from the first day of your period until the next one?!). I believe I tend to ovulate regularly 14 days.

I am not really sure how to chart or if I am right in my cycles.

I know very well since this my first period in 13 months it very may well have changed. But I am hoping not because after our MC my cycles went back to normal RIGHT after.

We are now trying to conceive again...and I am SO lost as how to chart, the TTC lingo, what to look for...everything!

(Lakai was a happy accident! I actually thought I could NOT great pregnant!)

I hope this all made sense, it's 1:02 am here and I've been up playing Santa for hours!

Merry Christmas and thanks for any advice/help in advance.

No one =( ?

This is TMI...

I had creamy white discharge two days ago so we BD...but Im not sure if that means Ive ovulated or what. I know it's not an infection of any kind, as I just had a pap test recently..and it was clear. If I did ovulation and we BD'ed that day..how long before I could test?

I would say once you are sure your cycles are back and normal then just start charting maybe? I was doing bbt charting and ended up quiting as it has now been a year and with only one descent ovary I never know which side is Oing.

I totally plan to do so.

I think I just have myself convinced that I could be pregnant. But I am not sure...I guess only time will tell.

If it turns into a BFN I will be charting every month, although I have NO idea how too.

Thanks for your reply :hugs:

I feel so embarrassed asking this questions and the fact I just don't know. :blush:

Ok so according to an ovulation calculator online...

Based on your answers, you're likely to be most fertile from Sunday, November 29, 2009 to Friday, December 4, 2009. If you were to get pregnant during that time, your due date would be Wednesday, August 25, 2010.

Of course, you may not conceive right away. But here's good news: 85 percent of couples who simply stop using birth control conceive within a year. You'll only increase your chances by knowing your fertile periods.

Here are the days you're most likely to be fertile over the next five months -- as well as prospective due dates if you conceive. Good luck!

Fertile days Resulting due date

December 29, 2009 - January 3, 2010 September 24, 2010
January 28, 2010 - February 2, 2010 October 24, 2010
February 27, 2010 - March 4, 2010 November 23, 2010
March 29, 2010 - April 3, 2010 December 23, 2010
April 28, 2010 - May 3, 2010 January 22, 2011
May 28, 2010 - June 2, 2010 February 21, 2011

I just dont 'get' those dates, do they sound right to anyone?

Sorry I am so lost regarding this!

Happy Christmas! The ovulation calculators are not very reliable unless you have a luteal phase (second half of cycle) which is exactly 14 days (they can be between 10 and 16 days usually - mine is 13 days).

If I were you I would start a chart on fertility friend. If you click on my ovulation chart below you will be able to join from there (it is free). all you need to do is set the cycle day 1 as the day you got your last period, and work from there. If it has been longer than 40 days since your last period, I would say do a pg test just to be sure.

Fertility friend has a series of charting lessons which are very helpful. You will need to buy a Basal body temp thermometer (accurate to 2 decimal places) but they are fairly cheap. You could also invest in some cheap ovulation predictor kits from the internet and test each afternoon?

If you need any more info then let me know - my OH is at work til 4pm so my Xmas day is pretty slow so far!!

I have OPK but they are never positive and I follow the instructions to a t.

Im really confused. I am pretty sure when I have the discharge is when I ovulated. I think maybe my cycle is out of whack. If that's the case, we BD'ed the day I ovulated. So when would I be able to test?

I have a million pregnancy tests, Ive already tested (just in case.. because my AF should have been due today but hasn't come). It was BFN but either my eyes were playing tricks on me or there was a faint line. But I will not get my hopes up until I see a clear line.

It's rather odd. I wasn't sure I was ready completely due to fears of having another preemie. And now that we are TTC and the chance is there I could be preggers...Im so freaking excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->