I am too terrified to test!

YazminA

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new to this forum. I just want some advice and some courage to help me.

I'm trying to conceive, have been trying since Feb/March 2014. I've been married to my husband who is my first sexual partner since August 2013. Prior to trying, we were on the pill. i am a victim of Irregular periods prior to marriage, but when i was having regular sex with my husband, it became all regular for some reason. a five day period on a 28day cycle, that only ever came early once because of stress and that was in January.

So i'm absolutely terrified to test, because this is the second time AF hasn't shown up, since trying.

My first time trying for a baby, i didn't really educate myself, i didn't understand how it can be complicated to get pregnant for some people.

We just decided at the time, to stop taking the pill and having unprotected sex. We didnt understand ovulation etc, and our plan was basically have sex every day until Af doesnt show. My first time, i had a lot of symptoms, i had spotting, i had minor stomach cramps, and one time i woke up half asleep with a funny taste in my mouth. I didn't have my period for three months. i took about 6 pregnancy tests and they all said no. The doctor was convinced i was but after his test, that put his theory to bed.

So in that time i was getting really frustrated, that AF wasnt showing, but i wasnt getting BFPs. I told my friend who told she had taken a herbal supplement that helped her regulate her period. It was agnus castus. I bought it from a herbal shop in Liquid form, took one dose and then two days later i had my Period. i continued to take it prior to ovulating. In that entire time of three months i spent so much time researching, understanding how to get pregnant, what was the best time, what ovulation was etc.

So now its ttc attempt two. But this time it was all crazy. ive guestimated when i ovulated and have been working with that. i have had symptoms again of pregnancy, but they are much worse and they are different to last. This time, ive experienced four dizzy spells, where if i wasnt going to sit down, i was either going to collapse, i would feel hot and sweat would fall from my head. Ive been dry heaving crazy, it happened quite alot in the first few days of post ovulation. now its less frequent but still happens. i used to be able to walk everywhere, and now i need to sit down every ten minutes if i walk too much, im peeing alot too, gassy as well. im a moody cow as well, and my husband have said im snapping at him alot. ive yet to feel my boobs really sore, but all i know is as soon as im home, the bra comes off because its so uncomfortable wearing it, the hubby had a few touches of the boobs and he says that they feel a little softer than before, but nothing major. Ive noticed all this week, my underwear has this yellow discharge on it, i wipe with tissue and its thick and im like eww whats that, my friend had said it sounds like cervical mucus. i used to have a high sex drive, and i hate having sex now. my husband and i noticed on my stomach i have a line going through the belly button and towards my ribs and its quite dark. Again i found its known as Linea Nigra. ive never seen that before, my husband saw it and said, did you have an operation there once and there i was baffled because i had never seen it there. ive taken pregnancy tests, the last was 16th june and it was a negative. AF was meant to show yesterday but still hasnt.

i know its long but i apologise, but i just want to know if others think im pregnant, or is it worth just leaving testing for another week or so. it feels strange that all these symptoms happen when im ttc, when i was expecting my periods anyway, i wouldnt even get cramps, i would just find out by going to the toilet. i had no sympoms of periods ever in my life even when i was irregular, but now ttc i get all these symptoms. my aunt thinks i may be imagining things, but why would i do that and give myself false hope. my mother and father seem to think i am, and so does a workmate who is a father of three. but again im just so scared to try, because ive been in this position before, where even the doctor said it sounds like you are and it was wrong.

what would you do in my position, test or just wait for a few more days

Thankyou in advance xx

Yazmina, I would definitely take a pregnancy test. You have a lot of symptoms that might indicate you are pregnant, so it's best to take a test and make sure, so you can get prenatal care if you need it. If you are not pregnant I would also seek medical advice: have a bloodtest done and see what your hormones are doing.

Concerning the last time you didn't have a period. It might have been an early miscarriage, or maybe your cycle was just irregular. You mention that before you got married you had a lot of irregular cycles. Very few women are regular like clockwork. Don't pin yourself down on that.

Overall, you sound as if you are very stressed. If you do feel stressed, maybe you could seach for a way to relax more? It also can be useful to educate yourself about your body and your cycle and maybe keep a chart of your cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->