I apologise first

laura2412

pregnant - 3rd trimester
Reaction score
Every month around about this time (7 days before :witch:is due) my nipples become very dry and peal a little. It first started in August but thought nothing of it.

I went away to turkey in september and thought if its anything it might be fungal and thought the sea water would sort it out. This wasnt the case. I went to the doctors beginning of October as it mainly affects the right one. This time there was a rash also. They were rather itchy. She told me it was a fungal infection and gave me cannestan. However the skin isnt broken I thought yeah ok. Tried the canestan and its done nothing. She said only to use for 7 days.

So today im back there,
Does anyone else think it could be hormonal in some way. I finished the pill back in November last year? They now hurt sometimes maybes because of the scratching which I do avoid but sometimes wake up and there soo sore I could cry.

I havent changed washing up powder, ate anything different. However I am getting more and more worried. I went and bought a sports bra tooo just to see if it was bra related but this did nothing. I have looked this up on the internet loads but nothing.

They often feel bruised do you think this is because of the scratching. I just dont know but I hate going to the doctors with things like this I shy away very easy. Any suggestions. Sorry for this thread.

dry and peal, i dont know. have you been tested for an hormone imbalance?

try talking to a woman at a health clinic or the nurse at your doctors. i went to my doctors with boob problems before and he made me feel stupid.

doctors dont want to know half the time.

try typing 'dry itchy nipples' in google.
One forum recommended a cream called 'udder cream'

sorry i cant help more. it is an unusual one.

I have never had this problem so dont know what it could be
but did not want to read and run so maybe try some baby oil and use it everday

If your itching them then they will get worse and hurt more its just like anything if you constant itch somthing thats sore it will just become red inflamed and irritate more

What about suddo crem what you put on babys bums that should be good
i would use the oil for the peeling and suddo cream for healing :)
hope its getter better that musnt be nice for you

Well I went and its an allergic reaction to something so on some tablets. I am back again next tuesday to see if its any better. If not I am then going to mention about the hormonal inbalance. Thank you ladies for your reply.

I had some eczema once, which cleared with some hydrocortesone. I would recommend some cannestan HC (for both!) and use it for 2 weeks, 7 days is barely enough to zap a fungal infection, good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->