I ate a mars bar..

Discussion in 'Gestational Complications' started by ImABeeMummy, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ImABeeMummy

ImABeeMummy Mummy, Daddy and Logan <3

.. after dinner, my OH brought it me to cheer me up and said ''cant be that bad, my blood sugars this week have been all fine, no high results and ive been really good. So i thought i deserved a treat..

now I feel bad :( gonna test them again soon just to see how high they have gotten..

2. Floralaura

Floralaura Well-Known Member

Dont feel bad..its a one off, not as if you are eating family sized bar after bar of choc. I know when I had GD I would scoff the occasional creme egg/toffee crisp etc lol..you are only Human! xx

3. KatieB

KatieB Well-Known Member

You've got to have the occasional treat! I've got GD and got a bollocking yesterday by MW as ketones were in my urine and she said I wasn't eating enough, it's because I'm so scared of getting a high reading. Well, am eating more carbs now and I had a couple of chocolates last night and guess what, my readings were fine! Wish she'd said I could eat a snickers or Reese's peanut butter cup every day though, so unfair!

4. Emmea12uk

Emmea12uk The Folic acid police!

Once in a while is fine :)