I banged my poor baby's head..

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by lozenge, Dec 27, 2009.

1. lozenge

lozenge Well-Known Member

on the door :cry: Oh my god I cried so much when he did!! He seemed fine a couple of minutes after and he was smiling when I undressed him for his bath, but he does have a red mark where he banged it :cry: Do you think I should take him to the hospital? Or just watch him over the next 48 hours? I know a symptom of concussion is sleepiness but unfortunately the bang occured just when I was taking him upstairs for bath and bed so he was tired already..... What do you think? He will be 13 weeks old on Thursday.

I feel so awful :cry:

2. polaris

polaris Mother of two

:hug:
    I did this the other day, I felt absolutely terrible! I just kept an eye on LO and he was fine, he only cried for a few minutes and he was actually already crying at the time. Is your LO sleeping through? If so I would be inclined not to leave him till morning but to maybe wake him in a bit to make sure he is OK.

I wouldn't worry too much though, I think most people have done it at some stage, and as everyone told me, once he is mobile there will be plenty of bangs and bumps. I think it is just so much worse because I feel so guilty for hurting my baby, I'm sure it is the same for you.

3. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

Just keep a close eye on him, although I am sure he will be fine :hugs: All mums do something like this every now and again.

4. lozenge

lozenge Well-Known Member

Thank you, it is just the worst feeling isn't it? :cry: Yes he is, well for 6-8 hour stretches, so I might wake him for a feed before I go to bed and check he seems himself.

I know, I dread to think what it is like when he starts running around and falling over, I will be a nervous wreck! x