I burnt my...

verney300

Reaction score
okay this is gonna sound really stupid but i am really clumpsy and always doing silly things, like on tues i accidently sat on my straighterners that were switch on on my bed, it has burnt my bum cheek with two lines right where my cheek meets my leg :( it kills, but this morning i woke up n its all swollen n it hasnt gone down 4 n half hours later. i dont know weva it has maybe got infected... and what i can actually do?

i know your all gonna laugh lol tbh i laugh about it myself cuz i am walkin with a limp lol.

Any advice wud be great thanks x

Have you tried some vaseline or savlon cream?
Im just as clumsy, a glass of water slipped out of my hand, wet all my clothes right through to my underwear lol x

Yeah, I'd say it might be swollen and all because that's an area where clothes are constantly brushing against as well as having to sit on your butt too. Try to make sure it's clean in the shower, if it's not too painful, then dry well and as suggested, put some cream on it to help it heal and also offer a layer of protection. You might have to do this several times a day because of the area it's in, rubbing against your clothes and all. Do you have the option of wearing no underwear and also very loose and ''breathable'' clothing (cotton, etc)...maybe even skirts? Anything that would cut down on the rubbing against it I would think would help the healing process.

Personally I wouldnt put vaseline or any similar cream on it as this just acts as a barrier to keep the heat in and make it worse!

I would say go to your GP or A&E (or phone NHS Direct) if its that uncomfy... burns can be quite nasty without being apparently so... straightners get to such a high temp I can just imagine how sore it must be on such a delicate area!!

Oh I do stupid things like this. Once I was sat in a towel straightning my hair and I put my straightners on my knee. I bent down for my brush, towel fell down and I caught my boob on the hot straighters, just under my nipple, I still have a scar now. I put Savlon on it, seemed to help.

oh no, poor you. best thing ever for burns is aloe vera. it is best straight from the plant - slash open a stem and all this gooey stuff comes out, though i am sure there must be gels you can buy. like anything it is best put on straightaway but i reckon would help regardless. honestly, it is amazing. i have had awful sunburn (you know when you get the awful feeling in the evening when your skin tightens and is all hot?!)and i've smeared aloe vera on and had absolutely no burn marks at all the next day - brill! hope it feels better soon :hugs: xx

Aloe Vera is the best thing for burns it really helps to put it in the fridge for a bit to chill it. Also great for sunburns

HAHAHAHA oh god thats awful lol sounds like something that would happen to me!!! Maybe as the girls said, some sudocream for now and let the air at it if possible :S

AmyMarie i love the name that you've chosen for the LO X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->