I can’t deal with this nausea anymore :(

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
I always get sickness every pregnancy so I was under no illusion that I wouldn’t get it this time.
With my oldest I had it from 6-12 weeks and then I just randomly puked once a week or so from 12-birth.
With my second I had the nausea from 6-birth, however it was a manageable nausea. I was sick daily until 14/15 weeks when it slowed down to every so often.

Both of those I managed with no medication, just able to get on with it by finding things to eat etc.

My third baby, my son who was stillborn at 20 weeks, the intense nausea and sickness started at 5 weeks and went on and on and on. I couldn’t function and spent my days crying with a bucket attached to me. I ended up on ondansetron twice a day to curb the sickness. It worked amazingly and I went back to feeling normal and eating normally!
However, his little heart stopped beating at 20 weeks. With no other signs of anything wrong other than a slightly erratic heart beat in the weeks leading up to that. On research I found out that ondansetron can have the side effect of heart problems. Now we don’t know what caused him to pass away and we never will, but I know that it may have been the medication.

So. Now I’m suffering with the intense sickness again and don’t know what to do. Self help measures don’t work and my daily life is affected. I can’t even cook my children dinner because the smells are awful! I don’t really have much help because my husband works all day. He’s great at the cleaning etc and will help out when he’s home (mostly) but for the most part I’m alone and struggling :(

I don’t know what to do. I can’t do this for at least another 4 weeks!

Speak to the midwife as there may be an alternative medication (express your worries about the last one, refuse to go on it), ask them to see if theres any other natural remedies that can at least calm it down a little.

As for cooking, are you able to handle cooking pasta and prepping a salad maybe? My son is mad on cold pasta, cucumber, tomato, peppers, cheese, carrot etc lately. Might allow you to do the dinner long enough without setting your sickness off again? Can also prep it and keep it in lunch boxes in the fridge.

Sorry I'm not much help! I really hope it calms down soon for you!

Are you managing to eat and drink enough yourself?

Fortunately, I haven't dealt with much morning sickness so I couldn't imagine the feeling. My heart goes out to you for your previous loss. Ginger and peppermint are known to help nauseating. However, it would be best to check with your doctor as to which natural products would best for you. Best wishes, hope you feel better soon.

Maybe you should try daycare for the next few weeks while your husband is at work, so that you can SLEEP and SLEEP AND SLEEEEEEEEEEEP.
that's the only way im getting through this morning sickness and it sucks, but this is my first baby...

So maybe daycare during the day would work so you can sleep and not worry about your other babies.......

And yes if you can't daycare during the day, then I would say cold foods that don't have a smell. And prepare them the moments you don't feel sick.. Also getting a really strong prenatal with extra vitamins instead of the bare minimum like gummies at a organic store or wherever the hell you can find some strong ones, might help that sickness... I get the most sick when i don't eat and take my prenatal...

I think its

correction b6---

Have you tried the vitamin B6/Unisom combination? It is highly recommended over Zofran, which is actually no longer the go-to nausea medication here in the US for pregnant women because of birth defects associated with its use. I took Zofran during my three miscarriages I had and have always wondered if that was why I miscarried. Then they released Diclegis - I think it is called Diclectin in the UK? - which I took during my third, fourth and now this pregnancy. It worked so much better than Zofran! It is actually the vitamin B6/Unisom combination in a pill but it is slow release so it works longer and doesn't make you as drowsy than taking the combination separately. I'm actually able to function on the medication whereas Zofran gave me the worst of headaches. I would ask your doctor about it. I honestly wouldn't have been able to get through my last few pregnancies without it because, like you, full blown MS lasted until well into my second trimester with occasional nausea during the remainder of my pregnancy, and the more kids you have, the harder it is to get through. I really hope you can find some relief soon :hugs:

Thank you everyone, I’ve started taking 100mg vitamin b6 and I feel like a different person! I don’t feel fantastic but I no longer feel like I’m about to vomit constantly. It’s great. I managed 2 loads of washing, a trip to the local craft shop to buy some new pens, and to cook dinner! I wasn’t able to eat the dinner but I stood in the kitchen long enough to cook it!

Thats brilliant news! Glad to hear it's improved!

Also, rather than your other half helping with the tidying, can you swap so he can help prep some meals that is freezer/fridge friendly, and you can tidy, so if you do have a bad day, there are some meals ready?

Pregnacare vitamins have a liquid version if you're in need of extra nutrients (little bit more expensive) and is meant to be gentle on the stomach, might be worth a try? I could barely swallow the large vitamins with my first pregnancy and gave up after a month and a half (I'd have to break them in half and it was still difficult!)

I swear by eating mints when the sickness starts and carry peppermint oil and lemon oil in my pocket to sniff when I feel it coming on. It sounds silly but I sometimes have to cook my kids meals with a peg on my nose as it's too much. Try and rest and drink plenty of water xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->