I can't cook!!!

moondrops

Call me Sally!
Reaction score
So i need a cookbook please :D any recommendations??? I wanted to try Jamie Olives 30 minute meals but on the tv programmes the food he makes looks quite fancy, and i'm a useless cook lol so i need something easyish x

i need a cook book too i cant cook either

I wanted to get the 30 minute Jamie book but had a look through it at sainsburys last week and it looks quite difficult??!! :rofl: I want something basic like one meal to a page haha. I usually use websites rather than actual books.

This is one of my faves:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/

:thumbup:

I use websites and have a couple of cookbooks that are years and years old that my gran gave me some really yummy food in them though!

My problem is usually the ingrediants I never have half of them in my cupboards so I give up on "that particular idea"

I use the Jamie Oliver book x Its the best book I have & its so easy to use because he literally gives you a step by step guide x I only cook one thing at a time rather than his menu but his chicken pie is amazing & is always a winner in our house x

Thanks for the website! Reedy, is it the 30 minute meals one you use? x

u could try his other book, ministry of food. my son has tried a few of these recipes and hes only 13. very easy to do. homey food, soups, pastas, roasts etc.

I always google recipes, then if they work out well I then save them in my favs. I got a brilliant prawn stir fry recipe, homemade burgers, sausage rolls, chcken and leek pie, and they are all very straight forward

^^ yeah Jamie's Ministry of Food one is good if you're not experienced at all, that's the kind of thing he was aiming at with that book :flower: I picked up a copy from a charity shop and although we do cook there're still some good ideas but it's really back to basics so great for beginner cooks :)

Yeah its the 30 minute meals one x I cant do them in 30 minutes lol but its still good x
Might get the ministry of food one myself sounds good x

i have the 30min one and find it really good, also searching online is a great way to find easy recipes.
Thanks reedy glad to hear the chicken pie is good im doing that sunday when dad comes for dinner lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->