i cant handle this

laura109

Reaction score
My nausea has been creeping up more and more over the last week. Im laid in bed right now feeling i could throw up. I hate being sick.

I feel depressed. For months ive wanted this baby and now i want to go back to may. I feel no joy all i feel is every part of me being sucked out.

This cant be normal. I am stuck at home thinking how do i get through another day like this

please tell me what to do

my mouth tastes horrible. Hot drinks are discusting. Food does not appeal. I keep looking at people with kids thinking how did they manage

I feel your pain hun, with my first I had no symptoms apart from exhaustion, this time however, from around 6 weeks I've felt awful with nausea, sickness and a horrible watery mouth not to mention sore boobs and fatigue to go with it. I haven't been able to eat properly, don't like the taste of anything and constantly feel sick, the only thing that stopped me from feeling sick was eating but as soon as I'd finished it was back.

It's finally just started to subside but some days are better than others and I'm still dry heaving every morning.

Hope you start to feel better soon x

this is all totally normal hun. this is my second time round and i also wondering why im doing this all again..ha! it will all be worth it, this stage doesn't last forever :)

Thanks girls. Just feel cut off from the world sat inside feeling rubbish.
You dont get a break from it. I see people every other day but the four walls are driving me mad.

I really dont feel happy at the min. Im worried about feeling well enough to go for appointments. Having the energy to clean the house.
energy to prepare for baby.

i dont want to start resenting the baby because i know its not there fault xx

I was the same until I got to 10 weeks, felt like a rubbish mum as I wasn't able to do anything with the girls. Sitting outside helped me a bit, fig roll biscuits and yoghurts. It'll pass soon. Don't feel bad, the housework will still be there when you are better xx

Thank you feel much better. Had a good cry and nibbling a cheese sandwhich. Cheese seems to help for some reason xx

this is my 5th pg and i had horrible MS with my last 2..and here i am 4 weeks and already starting to gag..it does steal the joy but trust me when it stops..you get it right back again. I had to have iv fluids pumped into me at one point because my obgyn office couldn't draw blood from me i was so dehydrated...maybe you can get a scripts for anti nausea meds..they do help some people.

The best things that helped me, were keeping a tub of Pringles by the bed (plain flavour) and the second I woke up, I would eat a handful of them. This staved off the nausea in the morning. Also, dont let yourself get a really empty stomach. Eat small things majority of the day ;cracker and cheese, Pringles, popcorn).
And as unhealthy as it is-coke helped to stop the nausea. I have one can a day still. I'm addicted lol!

I'm totally there with you. I have hyperemesis so bad I was throwing up more than once an hour before they put me on a bunch of medication to help control it. Now I am only throwing up once or twice a day, but the nausea is still constant.

I too am having a rough go of it, and a hard time enjoying my pregnancy and functioning. It is pretty sucky.

I just keep praying it ends soon.

Might be hard to accept but its totally normal. I got HG was admitted at 8w, i couldnt do a thing. I couldnt eat, trying to sip water was a huge task. I didnt leave the house other than to attend appts for 4 weeks.
Every day it was all negative thoughts, was lots of crazy crying episodes. Ive been on meds since week 8 too.

Things did start to improve but it took time, its about taking it steady and remembering not to feel gulity and make sure you have good support from family and friends.

If you've tried the normal remedies (Crackers and sprite, peppermints, ginger) with no luck, I'd really recommend getting your OB to prescribe a nausea medication. I was absolutely miserable until I got on Zofran. I was reluctant at first because I really didn't want to be on any medications during the first trimester, however if you're not able to eat or drink...or move really... My thought is that does more harm to a growing baby than a little pill (that has been tested to be safe) would do. I actually only take half of the recommended dose, so it makes me feel a little better about it.. Not trying to push pills at you, but it's something to consider. Hope you get to feeling better.

My ob told me to start taking b6. It saved my life!

thank you girls. Sorry you have had a rough time too. My b6 tabs are 10mg should i phone up to see if i can take more.

luckily its gone off abit but dont know if its going to get worse. Just hope i can find a couple of foods that i can still bare to eat. Cheese and chipsticks have helped this afternoon.

I would happily go on meds if it does not improve. I am useless at feeli g sick i panic. Xx

Oh, you poor thing. You're definitely not alone. I have had MS every day since week 6, I'm so exhausted I can hardly function at work, and I just have this uneasy feeling all the time (I'm a total worrier).

It's especially frustrating when you haven't really told anyone (and won't for awhile), so you have to sort of suffer in silence without sympathy. lol It's like I'm putting on a fake smile and forcing everything at work and around friends. My hubby is the only one who can really empathize right now....

BUT I try to remember that this will all be worth it and I'm sure everything will be fine with my baby. Thinking positively. Hang in there! This too shall pass, I'm sure!

Oh, you poor thing. You're definitely not alone. I have had MS every day since week 6, I'm so exhausted I can hardly function at work, and I just have this uneasy feeling all the time (I'm a total worrier).

It's especially frustrating when you haven't really told anyone (and won't for awhile), so you have to sort of suffer in silence without sympathy. lol It's like I'm putting on a fake smile and forcing everything at work and around friends. My hubby is the only one who can really empathize right now....

BUT I try to remember that this will all be worth it and I'm sure everything will be fine with my baby. Thinking positively. Hang in there! This too shall pass, I'm sure!

Thank you hun. I hope your feeling better soon. It is hard to put on an act. People say your pregnant not ill lol. I disagree it nakes you unwell.

Its like the day after a stomach bug everyday. I feel like i need looking after all the time. I get sad when i see everyone on facebook going on holiday or making other plans. Im sat here thinking when will i feel good again.

I cant remember the last time i woke up full of energy ready for the day.

the end result will deffo be worth it. Thank you again for all your nice messages today girls. Means alot xx

The first trimester sucks. I felt like that both times, even after TTC for 8 years!

I started feeling really good around the 13 week mark. Felt awesome, happy and full of energy by 15 weeks. Both times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->