i cant help but worry....

lisac25

mum to 2 beautiful girls♥
Reaction score
my little girl has only gained 3oz in just under 2 weeks, she has gone from following the 50th centile to the 25th, the health visitor said any weight gain is good and not to worry but i cant help but worry, so any advice reassurance etc etc would be great, am i doing something wrong, i feel like i am:cry: i am feeding her on demand which is always about every 3 hours during the day sometimes she goes a little longer or little less between feeds x

I'm in a similar situation hon, half an ounce in 2 weeks! :shock: My HV has told me not to worry too but it's difficult not to... I'm sure they're fine, just slow gainers :hugs:

Im in similar sitituon scott on average has only gained 3oz a week, i agree some are just slow gainers

you're definitely not doing anything wrong. Not all babies follow those flippin' charts. We have fast gainers and slow gainers - there are BIG adults and petite ones.....why should babies gain at the same rate?? :wacko:

you are doing brilliantly. Wet and dirty nappies and a contented baby are the best indicators that everything is going well :)

:hugs:

Keep up the good work honey!

I had the same worry last week. :wacko: Archie only put on 2oz in 2 weeks. HV told me i shouldnt let him sleep that long at night and should wake him for a feed... i got sooo paranoid i was starving him or something, even though my head told me that if he was hungry he would let me know. :cry:

Anyway, i just carried on as normal (after some reassurance on here) and he put on 5 and hlaf oz just this week!!

Also, the health visitor this week told me i should never in a million years be worried and never never doubt youtself if youre feeding when theyre hungry.

Moral is... babies are clever... mommy's are normally right! :thumbup:

Go by how your baby acts and diapers! Don't worry about weight right now. I never weighed BRenn and so I never worried about it!

thanks for all your replies guys, i spent lots of time thinking about this last night, and your all right, i have a happy healthy baby, plenty of wet and dirty nappies, so i should stop worrying. its just that i couldnt bf my first so with this one i tend to worry a bit more because i cant see what she is eating, but like i said she is happy and healthy, so i need to chill lol x

wishes, my hv told me i should try and feed her more often aswell, and i was like how the hell can i do that, i cant force her, she will only feed when she is hungry, if i was to wake her in the night she would only take a few gulps before falling back to sleep so i think i will stick to letting baby tell me when she is hungry x

I had similar concerns with my little girl, her weight gain slowed right down at about 10 weeks going from 8oz a week to about 2-3oz a week. My little girl would pull off the breast and look really contented so i would assume that she was full-when her gain slowed i made sure i was offering her both breasts and waking her up if she was drowsy or prompting her a bit and usually she would feed a great deal more. Saying that it didn't have a huge impact on her weight gain. I do get the feeling my little girl is happy just to take enough and no more-lots of grazing and snacking. Try not to worry too much, there's too much emphasis put on weight gain and there's more to it than that. As long as your little one has plenty of wet/dirty nappies and is happy in herself thats more important. My paed told me bf babies tend to grow long then get fat! well done and keep up the good work xx

Caine was up and down all the lines at first, 9th, 25th ertc now he has been on the 50th for a week months :D

Hang in there xx

Things to remember are that if your baby had lots of wee just before she was weighed this time the weight gain would be less, if she had just been fed last time and not this time then it would look less, if she hadn't been fed for a while before this weigh in then it would look less.

#There are so many factors when weighing babies hun, don't worry unduely. Hannah was mostly 2-4oz a week for a long time and has only gone up since weaning at 5.5 months. As long as your baby is hving plenty of wet and dirty nappies and doesn't seem hungry alot then that's all you want.

You know your baby and don't worry, your HV is right xxx

Things to remember are that if your baby had lots of wee just before she was weighed this time the weight gain would be less, if she had just been fed last time and not this time then it would look less, if she hadn't been fed for a while before this weigh in then it would look less.

#There are so many factors when weighing babies hun, don't worry unduely. Hannah was mostly 2-4oz a week for a long time and has only gone up since weaning at 5.5 months. As long as your baby is hving plenty of wet and dirty nappies and doesn't seem hungry alot then that's all you want.

You know your baby and don't worry, your HV is right xxx

good point, there was a big cue at the clinic so by the time i was seen she was due a feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->