I cant stand my husband!!! :(

TieraIse

Reaction score
:cry: Im not sure why but I absolutely cannot stand him now that I'm pregnant

I hate EVERYTHING about him!!!

I hate his scent, I get annoyed by every little thing he does
dont want him to touch me,
Im no longer physically attracted to him,
Everything he does irritates me including the way he breathes yess... Literally thats what pissed me off today. He kept on sighing over God knows what and I completely snapped! :nope:
Told him to stop making that sound...
I feel like iv lost it!
Im just miserable around him and its making me sad.

Is this normal and will I ever love him the same way again. :cry:

Definitely normal! So many ladies report feeling the same way. Dang hormones!

In my world, its normal. I couldnt go near my husband when pregnant with my dd. I was the same as you. When she was born I totally missed him and wanted to cuddle him all the time. Now im pregnant again I cant stand him. He sleeps on the sofa every night as his breathing makes me want to suffocate him! It will get better, just try explain to him its hormones so he doesnt take it too hard xxx

I can't stand to think of my husband let alone be around him. He can't do anything right especially if he decides to breathe around me, look at me or even think about me! Lol
I have momentary blips where I feel bad but then I look at him and the hate returns...it's a terrible feeling!

Omg i thought this must just be me!!! Everything my boyfriend does irritates me, im snapping at him CONSTANTLY and the breathing thing - what is with that?!?! Mine has also been on the sofa more in the last couple of weeks than ever in our relationship!!! Also he wants to keep cuddling me and I just outright say no leave me alone. Surprised he's putting up with me but I cant help it, was like a flip was switched when I got pregnant.

So relieved Im not the only one who feels this way and as for the breathing on me
I cant take it! Not ever for a sec

I am really sorry to hear that your feel like this, all of you. I can't imagine ever saying something like that about my husband. No offence but it makes me wonder how stable your relationship is if you hate him just because your pregnant! Hormones don't change who you are, or who he is for that matter and I think it's sad that's how you feel!

The breathing thing has always annoyed me! With anyone & everyone - not just hubby.

Sorry you're feeling like this. I can't imagine feeling that way towards my DH :flower:

Our relationship is perfectly stable, he understands its a pregnancy thing, and completely out of character for me. Youre lucky your hormones are not doing the same to you, since you feel that way. Its not something you can control!!!!!

It doesn't look to be uncommon. Hopefully the hormones settle down soon for you :)

I think it's just a first tri thing. Pretty sure I was the same when I had my daughter. It's not a nice feeling being irritable ALL the time! lol

Ohhh dear... Lets not assume anyone is in an unstable relationship
People are different when their pregnant unfortunately
This is what I'm going through even in a perfectly healthy relationship.
You just cant help it and if you've never experienced it. No one can explain it to you.
*:(

:shock: that escalated quickly!

Hormones can do a thousand unpredictable things, completely independently of relationship status!

OP I hope the hormones settle and you feel a bit better. xx

I wasn't trying to offend anyone I just think it's strange you suddenly hate someone because your hormones are out of whack.

Aye but loads of strange things can happen with hormones :flower:

I wasn't trying to offend anyone I just think it's strange you suddenly hate someone because your hormones are out of whack.

I can assure you it's hormonal and has nothing to do with the stability of our relationship(s). It's the same irritability I felt towards him the 2-3 days prior to af. Only now it's not going away! He says it was the same way the 1st few months I was pg with dd and also understands it will go away. If anything he is more compassionate towards me this time as he gets it.

I find I'm so impatient. And it makes sense that it would be with DH, considering you live with/see him more than probably anyone else. Totally understand! Hopefully, he's understanding to what you're going through. I know that I've had my moments when I feel almost like an "out-of-body experience"... I just don't feel like me... at all! We will all pull through this! :thumbup:

Maybe you're subconsciously mad at him for being responsible for all the sickness and discomfort you are, or are about to be feeling hahaha

I haven't had an aversion to my husband yet but I have absolutely no desire to make love. I know that's not typically unusual but I'm usually the high-libido partner so for us, it's unusual that I'm not eye-banging him or trying to get him in the mood. Then when we do engage...ehhh I'm just not that interested and haven't had an orgasm since the time responsible for conceiving our little one back in November...which wasn't planned so I think it's a nifty coincidence :)

The core of our relationship is hinged on acceptance, respect, and communication. I'm not saying anyone else has trouble in those areas but we both learned from previous and complicated/traumatizing relationships how to accept one another even when we'd normally be annoyed by "small stuff" so I just have a lot of experience consciously practicing that, I guess. I just...accept him...and love him <3

It's easier not to let things get to you when you think about who you want to be there the next morning when you wake up. And he's going to be a daddy. I try to especially enjoy my hubby now because this is our first child and I have come to terms with the fact that we won't be the same ever again. It will never be just the two of us again. He's going to become a father and I'm going to become a mother and those roles change us. Maybe if you take a little time apart for a day that could help... give yourself a chance to breathe and miss him.

Yeah, his feet stink but he works hard and my nose is on hyperdrive. It's not his fault. We both are making changes and just like you and your husband, he has to deal with pregnant-you so give him kudos for that!

does anyone know how to delete a post when you've posted it more than once? I just come back and edit it to ask this question lol

I guess though, I will add, that even during PMS, my frustration was never really geared towards him. In my previous long-term relationship yeah, that guy was the target of my hormonal rage but it had a lot to do with pent-up issues I had with him that I don't have with my husband. Even when I knew it was irrational at the time, I rationalized that he still deserved it because of how he'd made me feel other times. My husband doesn't deserve it.
**Not to suggest that I side with the stability thing...just suggesting getting to know whether your irritation really has anything to do with him at all and being able to control how you express it if it doesn't. You don't want him to resent you for it. Even men have hormonal waves so hormones don't give us an excuse to be mean. It just gives us a reason to practice how we control our own behavior and responses to those hormones. I got lucky and come from a bloodline of Bi-polar disorder so I know how NOT easy it is to control mood swings.

I couldn't rationalize taking things out on my husband no matter how hard I tried... so I don't...and sometimes it takes a grand effort. But again...revelations from prior relationships that needed serious evaluation may have just helped guide my coping mechanisms.

Just give him a big ol' kiss! If you notice yourself doing it, just stop yourself in the process. Take a deep breath, go in the other room if you need to just to breathe and swallow your pride before you come out and apologize and tell him something nice.
...don't be "that" woman who just lets it happen and blames it on the pregnancy.

I don't have a partner, but I can empathize. I have an extremely strong disliking of everyone at the moment. It's the hormones. I wake up angry and I go to bed angry - I think its a good thing I don't have a partner! Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->