I can't take anymore!!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Katieeeee, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

ARGHHHHHHHHHH :hissy:

I can't take anymore!

Aiden has spent the last 7 weeks of his life being a happy, content little boy. Only crying when he wants feeding and getting off to sleep no problem.

But now, starting 2 days ago...I don't know what's happened :cry:

I can't get anything done! He won't let me put him down at all. During the day, if I get him off to sleep and put him down in his bouncey chair for a nap like I usually do..he sleeps for 5 minutes at most and then wakes up and starts wailing. I pick him up and he even wails when he's sitting on me. I finally get him settled (after he's ferociously headbutted me 20 odd times) and put him down again and it's the same thing! This never used to happen till 2 days ago! He's feeding fine and when it gets to about half 9, he'll go to sleep and I'll put him down in his crib and he'll be out for the night till he wakes at about 5am for a feed.

I think as a result he's getting about an hour of sleep in total during the day! If that!

He's even developed this awful high pitched wailing sound, it really hurts my ears!! It's not trapped wind because he's always got trapped wind and he doesn't react this way, and he always usually strains and arches his back and kicks his legs if that's what it is...but this...he just lies there and wails!
    He seems REALLY REALLY clingy to the point where I cannot do anything :cry: I'm worrying what the neighbours think!

What can I do? What do you think is wrong with him?

I know that a baby sling is an option but seriously I don't have the money to fork out for one of those right now.

2. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

We had the same problem and unfortunately it never stopped so I'm sorry but I can't help you, I just want to let you know your not alone! Hopefully someone will come along and give you better advice x

3. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

It could be that he is ready to have his naps during the day in his cot. My LO got to the point where she would not go to sleep anywhere but in her bed and is still the same. Good luck x

4. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

:shock: It never stopped?! Even at 5 months?!

5. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

I dont think there is anything wrong with him love :hugs:

Hes maybe having a growth spurt, so make up a bottle with an extra oz and see how that goes down, it could be that his tummy is just quite full enough.

Try putting him down in his cot when he is awake - look for cues that he is tiring, like yawning, then put him straight down and let him settle himself. If he does wake up, as heartbreaking as it is to hear him cry - 5 minutes while you stick a load of washing in or put the hoover round the place isnt going to hurt him.

'White' noise can also help settle them - whether that be the hoover or the fuzzy screen on the tv.

Sometimes babies just have a funny couple of days - but obviously if you have a concern about his health, take him to the gp

xxx

6. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Agreed, this is a possibility. Ruby has always had her naps in her cot or moses basket, if she did fall asleep in her bouncer she would wake after like 5 mins.

7. everhopeful

everhopeful Well-Known Member

Sometimes whan babies are about to hit milestones they do get very clingy. Noah did this just before he started to hold his head up by himself, when he started to roll over and just before he started sitting by himself. Each time it lasted a week. I know its hard but it will get better hon!

8. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

oh hun Lily has always been pretty bad, I have a baby bjorn baby carrier going spare if you'd like it hun, I used it with Lily and was looking to give it to a good home as I've got a mai tai for Jack. They're a godsend!

9. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

Reassuring, thankyou ladies! :D

10. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

if he is head butting you does this mean he is squirming about..... he might have ind or colic hun does he arch his back if so thats wind and if he pulls his legs right up to his stomach this could be colic...... there must be soething because it wouldnt just chnged for no reason if he as settling fine before and its not because you hold him all the time cause hes still cryin when you pick him up..... maybe look for some other signs of something else could be that hes more hungry but a baby with wind ill cry wen you lay then don as it hurts more.... and a baby with colic ill cry nearly all of the time hope you get it sorted hun xxx

11. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

Could be a growth spurt. We had a really bad one at 2 months where Violet would be non stop crying all day and I basically had to hold her all day. She wanted comforting and unfortunately that meant being cuddled!

Definately keep an eye out for tired signs too and try and make sure you put him down as soon as you know he's tired otherwise it'll end up with him being overtired and not being able to sleep.

12. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

Awwww Emily bless you you're such a sweetheart! How much do you want for it? And don't say nothing cos I have to give you something!! xx :hugs:

13. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

You're right, that's definitely a possibility x

14. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

I don't want anything! Honestly I was going to put it on a thread on here in a bit anyway. Are you living up my way now as I could meet you somewhere or just drop it at your door or you mine or something, or I could pop it in the post :hugs:

15. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

i do hope you find out whats up hun xxxxx

16. Kit

Kit Well-Known Member

If you wanted a wrap sling you could look for a cheap fabric shop (or look on ebay) and get about 3 metres of fairly stretchy fabric - that's all the Kari-me is! You might be able to find some for as little as £3 or £4 per metre. No sewing involved as the edges will roll slightly so you don't need to hem it.

17. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

I'm living right next to the crematorium now! :D Is that near you? I can come pick it up hun, You've got a newborn baby to worry about! Thankyou soooo much you're the best :hugs:

18. MummyJo

MummyJo Mummy to 2 girls!

Huge hugs hun.

I think it might be the age (no idea my eldest was like it allll the time from day one right until now) but Elissa started like it about a week ago and has been dreadful since (sleeping better at night though!)
    It's slowly getting better so all I can advise is to keep trying, don't change your routine just keep at it. It might be like the others suggested a growth spurt so the extra milk sounds like a good idea.

I have a black 'babasling' you are welcome to. I just can't get on with them (google it and see if you're interested) xx

19. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

There can't be that much wrong with him though, he's just had his last feed before bed and now he's lying on my lap beaming up at me, grinning from ear to ear!

20. MummyJo

MummyJo Mummy to 2 girls!

Ooh just updated the post as I hit reply! Glad you got one sorted, offer is there if you need it though.

Hope he gets a little better soon. xxx