I caved in... Tested and ...BFN!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Kris, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

What was i thinking???

I am sure im late (not 100% sure..long story... ) and it was a BFN ...

i was so disappointed :dohh: I want to be pregnant so bad and this is mth 4 and still nothing... i know 4 mths is NOTHING compared to how long some people wait but im thinking ... should i go and see the doctor and get some advice???

:dohh::dohh::dohh:

2. Megg33k

Megg33k Going with the flow!

Healthy couples can take up to a year... blahblahblah... no one wants to hear that, but I suppose its true! :hugs:

~*BABY DUST*~

3. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

thats true, but blah!! lol

Its like anything really that you want...you want it to happen NOW!

Very frustrating...but if AF comes... ill just wait til next mth!

4. Diana_

Diana_ TTC on Clomid round 4

Getting a BFN stinks. You could consider making an appointment, but if you have regular cycles and no one in your family has had fertility issues, I personally would wait. The tests aren't fun, the treatment's not fun, and it doesn't always help more than just patience.

5. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

What treatments are there??

There are some fertility issues in the family, but i have 2 healthy kids to prove that i dont haveany issues that i know about..... :winkwink:

6. Diana_

If you're not ovulating, you can take Clomid/injectables to ovulate. If you have endo or tube issues, you can do injectables to make more than egg each month to help your chances. If your man has trouble, there are ways to improve his count/mobility. And finally if all else fails, there is the lovely IVF.

But with two kids, it seems like everything works fine. Though if you're 35+, then most doctors consider 6 months of infertility sufficient to start looking into things.

7. Daydreamy

Daydreamy Member

I so know what you mean :( I guess all the birth control worries and hearing of other peoples 'accidents' over the years has made me think that getting pregnant is as easy as pie.

It came as quite a shock to me that it didn't just happen straight away! Now every month you put all your efforts into not getting your hopes up but despite it all deep down you still persuade yourself its happened. Its like when you're a kid and you get your first lottery ticket. The odds of not winning don't factor into it and you create this whole scenario in your head of you winning. I'm sure though however many times you've thought about that moment of getting a BFP when you get a real one it will be 10 times better!

I guess all the disappointment and perseverence you have to go through just makes you love your bump and baby that much more when it happens. Maybe it makes the stretch marks and morning sickness matter that much less!

I'm sure its all part of a bigger plan! When it happens for us I'm sure it'll be perfect :) Good luck Kris! xxx

8. Megg33k

Megg33k Going with the flow!

Eh... Clomid wasn't so bad for me. I actually quite like it. It made me giddy... not because I was happy to be taking it, mind you... it chemically induced me with happiness! I was all giggly and the kind of giddy you get after being so sleep deprived that you're slap-happy! :) If it weren't unhealthy, I'd take it all the time! LOL

9. Diana_

Wow, Clomid has the oppostie effect on me. I get ridiculously weepy :dohh:! Man, am I jealous!