I couldn't wait - had to test - now my belly is in knots!

buffy

Reaction score
Well I must be crazy! Had a chemical pregnancy in June and swore to myself that to spare myself anymore future disappointment i'd never test early again... however I cracked and have done it AGAIN! Stupid superdrug early tests were calling me from the bathroom cupboard!!

I'm only CD26 today and my cycles can be anything up to 35 days long.. However I am home alone - other half is away for 3 nights with his work to Portugal. When i'm home alone i tend to obsess about things! Anyway i was lying on the couch dozing off at 7.30 feeling rediculously tired :sleep:, despite having slept well last night, and have had a low down heavy feeling in my abdomen for the last two or three days and been running to the toilet loads today. So i recognised these feelings from both my chemical preg in June and my ectopic last year ! 8-[ ... So naturally i couldn't leave the tests alone! It was 6.00 pm and i've had several cups of tea and juice today, so deep down i didnt' expect anything to show up, especailly being so early. Think i'm at most 8 days post ov today. Implantation was possibly Tuesday night or yesterday morning as my temperature dipped rather low, but has shot back up today.

Anyway, i'll get to the point. After the 3 minutes i thought i saw a faint faint very very light pink line in the test window. Spent a good hour stairing at it and holding it under different lights, thinking i was seeing things! Took a picture with my camera phone and it was barely visible in the photo... So I then went to the next level of psychoticness :wacko: I took the thing apart! This really helped as i can see the test line a lot clearer now, although it is still very pale.

Now i'm cacking myself. I don't know whether it's an early early BFP, an evaporation line, or what! :dohh: Don't want to get excited yet as it's early early days if i am pregnant and last time I got a BFP my period came a week later and the tests turned negative! Please god, let this be it!! [-o<

I'm going to test again with FMU!

Hopefully its a BFP!! Test again in a few days and give us an update!

https://lb3m.lilypie.com/GzIkm4.png

Thanks hon! Knowing what i'm like though, i'll not last a few days! I'll do well to get through the next 9 hours till morning! Hehe... I really have to know before Saturday as i'm going for a girly weekend with my friend - shopping, meal, drinks etc... Maybe no drinks for me! I'm going to be so careful though even if i'm still not sure over the weekend. Need to give the wee seed the best chance, if it is in there!!

test in the morning and let us know FXXX good luck.

I will be on here tomorrow with the outcome! I am addicted to this site. It totally helps to share the burden!

Man, I am so tired, I really must go to bed, but i am so excited I don't know whether i'll be able to actually get to sleep. I just want it to be morning now so that i can POAS again!! I have no patience - hence why i've got into this predicament and turned into a crazy person who disassembles their pregnancy tests to get a better view!! Hehehe...

Good luck, very excited for you, will be scanning for you post tomorrow x

hey buffy,
i had a chemical pregnancy last month and also swore i'd never test early again as it was horrible seeing those BFP's disappear but like you i caved and tested today at only 9DPO, my cycles are usually 32 days long and today is CD25. Mine was a BFN which i knew it was gonna be. the test i used was a 50MUI so unless i was having triplets lol there's no way it would be positive already. I used the super drug ones last month when i had my chemical and got my BFP's quite a few days before AF was due so deliberately havent bought any of them this month although i know i'm gonna end up there tomorrow to stock up and probably do at least one before DH gets home from work, he made me promise i wouldnt test early this month so i've been very naughty in hos absence. Why do we do it.
Hope your line is stronger tomorrow and your on your way to a BFP. WIll be desperate to find out what your test tomorrow says, fingers crossed :hugs:

P.S i see your from SW Scotland. Me too although i live in England now unfortunately. Miss Scotland so much!

Good Luck!!! I hope tomorrows test is a bfp for you!

hey buffy,
i had a chemical pregnancy last month and also swore i'd never test early again as it was horrible seeing those BFP's disappear but like you i caved and tested today at only 9DPO, my cycles are usually 32 days long and today is CD25. Mine was a BFN which i knew it was gonna be. the test i used was a 50MUI so unless i was having triplets lol there's no way it would be positive already. I used the super drug ones last month when i had my chemical and got my BFP's quite a few days before AF was due so deliberately havent bought any of them this month although i know i'm gonna end up there tomorrow to stock up and probably do at least one before DH gets home from work, he made me promise i wouldnt test early this month so i've been very naughty in hos absence. Why do we do it.
Hope your line is stronger tomorrow and your on your way to a BFP. WIll be desperate to find out what your test tomorrow says, fingers crossed :hugs:

P.S i see your from SW Scotland. Me too although i live in England now unfortunately. Miss Scotland so much!

Hey Ginger! Where in SW Scotland you from? I'm from Crossmichael, nr Castle Douglas, but now live in the big city of Dumfries :wacko:

Yep, it was superdrug that picked up my chemical preg as well. I must be a glutton for punishment or something! I couldn't resist them. They are the most sensitive you can buy I think and my impatience to know right away always gets the better of me!

Yep, my other half is of the same opinion! He thinks testing early is completely bonkers, and if he knew what i've been up to while he's away he would be fuming with me. :nope: I have really struggled not to send him a picture of the "disected" test... It woudln't be fair on him if it turned out to be a negative one tomorrow morning! Hopefully i might have some good news for him when he gets back on Sunday night, but even then he'll give me a ticking off as it'll still be before my period is actually due! :dohh:

Oh, ment to add Ginger, Good luck!! HOpe you get a BFP with a more sensitve brand chick! x

hey buffy, i'm from Ayr originally.
I also took my test to pieces tonight and after checking it about fifty times put it in the bin and then tied bag up and put it out in the wheelie bin so i cant look anymore. I'm having all sorts of weird abdominal twinges and aches these last few days and a lot of back ache which i'm not usually bothered with. think i'm gonna go to superdrug tomorrow, was gonna go today but didnt finish work in time. Last month i just had a feeling i was pregnant and this month i just cant decide. had hot flushes last month and bleeding gums (some people say this is a symptom) but havent had this so far this month, just a bit of nausea, the aches and twinges and am constanly hungry, even after i've just eaten. Maybe it;s just AF playing with me and coming early but really doesnt feel like it. Will see what happens tomorrow when i cave in and go to superdrug!

I shall be waiting with baited breath in the morning Buffy. It is far too soon for me to test yet so I will obsess about others until then lol

Good Luck to Buffy and Ginger xx

Thanks mrphyemma. I'm not meant to be testing yet but think the superdrug tests are calling me. Promised DH i wouldnt test til the 28th when i'm 17DPO but that's forever away. I will be straight on hee to morrow to how buffy's doing though. Very exciting!

Good luck! I had me chemical last cycle too! I am 9 dpo right now and want to test! What stinks for me is that even when AF is a day or so late, I may only be 12 dpo, which can still be early for a BFP. I keep telling myself I am not goint to test until at least Sunday, but I have 3 FRER calling my name! Good luck to us!!

Marisa

Thanks Ginger! Looks like we are both about 9 dpo.....the waiting is so hard!

I had a chemical last month, detected on a 25mIU test. I actually did refuse to test until later. I waited until ~16dpo and got a :bfn: with unexplained spotting/light bleeding off and on. *sighs* I'd rather have a :bfn: though than see a :bfp: disappear again, I guess! I hate waiting!!!

Good luck on your test in the morning! FX'd for your forever :bfp:!!! :hugs:

Morning girls!
Well it's really not looking great! I feel dog rough this morning as i just could not sleep last night for obsessing and being excited! I'm such an idiot!

So i tested this morning and i couldn't visibly see anything in the test window that could be construed as a faint positive - but there was a bit of "condensation" in the window...so, not content with it being negative, i disected it again and i could see a line where the test line would be but it was sort of watery greyish pink and barely visible and by the time i'd taken the test apart it was about 10 minutes after the 3 minute timeframe!

It's looking very much like an evaporation line!! I am reluctant to give up all hope though.. It's still awfully early and i'm feeling the urge to buy yet more tests. I still have that weird heavy sensation in my womb area and feel like i want to pee just about all the time! I'm sure it's not just wishful thinking!

good morning ladies.

There's still plenty of hope buffy, it's very early days yet and my FMU isnt always the strongest so maybe you just need to save some up later today.
Marisa, are you not tempted to test yet? I'm driving myself insane with all my symptom spotting, i'm talking myself into things now.

Well i'm just off into town for a few things and would you believe that i just looked at my shopping list and 'someone' (couldnt possibly have been me) has written on it - Superdrug - peesticks! ANyway i hate it when i come home and i havent got everything on my list so i best just pick some up. I'm 10 DPO today, think i was 11DPO last month when my BFP's started so we'll see. Dont feel like i could be pregnant this month as we didnt BD much but you never know.
trying to convince myself i wont test today but this is the last day before DH comes home so wont be able to after he's back unless i'm really sneaky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->