I didn't know where to post this - Question about coil and periods (TMI warning)

Welsh_mum2be

Reaction score
Ok, I had my copper coil put in last April since then I have had regular periods but they are painful and very very heavy to the point where I am housebound for 2 or 3 days and I have to use Tena lady knickers aswell as my pads and I need to change every hour or so on the bad days.

This hasnt been too much of a problem for me as I have been off work, but I am going back to work in 2 weeks and I am so worried about having my heavy days there incase I leak onto the chair :blush:.

I am considoring having the coil removed but I really don't want to go on any kind of pill as anything hormone based makes my PCOS get worse.

Do you think I should just have it removed to stop the heavy periods or just pad myself up lol

Sorry for the TMI

Awww :hugs: chick, i suffer from heavy periods too, and leaking is a huge worry for me too lol, i personally would have it removed if its making it really bad for u, is there any other methods u could use? this is the reason i cant have the coil, im already heavy without one so wouldnt want to imagine it with a coil. maybe talk to ur nurse? Hope u get it sorted x

Hiya,

I have had a chat with DH tonight and we have decided that its best to have it removed. There is no way I could go to work with my AF so heavy! I will be making an appointment tomorrow prob for next week.

We have decided not to used any contraception as the pill plays havoc with my system, so we will use withdrawal method.

I am so happy to get rid of it

Could you not have the mirena coil? I was advised to not have the copper coil because of heavy periods, and with the mirena I barely had a period.

Could you not have the mirena coil? I was advised to not have the copper coil because of heavy periods, and with the mirena I barely had a period.

Hiya,

No I can't have anything with hormones, because of PCOS.

Thanks x

Hiya,

I have had a chat with DH tonight and we have decided that its best to have it removed. There is no way I could go to work with my AF so heavy! I will be making an appointment tomorrow prob for next week.

We have decided not to used any contraception as the pill plays havoc with my system, so we will use withdrawal method.

:hugs: aww im glad uve sorted it :thumbup: hopefully they will soon get back to normal after uve had it out :)

Hiya,

:hugs: aww im glad uve sorted it :thumbup: hopefully they will soon get back to normal after uve had it out :)

Hiya,

I got the docs on Monday, Im excited but don't know why lol - I suppose its that 1 step closer :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->