I didn't know...

Zombers

Reaction score
I just found out last night that we're expecting (unexpectedly but happily) and because I wasn't thinking about the possibility, I went to a carnival with my sister last night. I rode every ride that every newly pregnant mother would cringe away from. Has anyone else done anything that they regret but ended up having a H&H pregnancy? I just need some reassurance as I cannot make an appointment until Monday and I feel like I'm going out of my mind with worry...
Thank you in advanced ladies. :hugs:

With my first I fell pregnant in the November and didn't find out until late jan early feb and well over Christmas and new year me and my oh did a fair bit of going out and drinking! I felt just awful when I found out! And after that even though they say you can have like a glass of wine or pasta sauces with a little alcohol etc in it I stayed well clear! I didn't even use any mouthwash with the stuff in it I was that paranoid! :haha: but yeah anyways I had a great pregnancy and birth with no complications and my baby was and still is a healthy wee boy :flower:
I would try not beat yourself up about it, like you said you didn't know! but do mention it to the doctor or midwife or whoever and they will hopefully reassure you :flower:

I did some un motherly things when I was pregnant with number 1 many moons ago. She's fine, and I'm sure you will be too. You'd hardly be the first person who did something they weren't suppose to I'm absence of knowing their preggo. Good luck

As long as you haven't had any bad cramping or bleeding, you are fine. As a pregnant woman, I wouldn't cringe at rides really, they haven't been proven unsafe (but not proven safe either). The baby is quite well protected and I'm sure it's fine.

My mum was in a bad car accident when pregnant with my sister who's now 24 and fighting fit. Baby is so well protected in there I'm sure s/he will be just fine. Congratulations xx

As long as you haven't had any bad cramping or bleeding, you are fine. As a pregnant woman, I wouldn't cringe at rides really, they haven't been proven unsafe (but not proven safe either). The baby is quite well protected and I'm sure it's fine.

Well, some of the rides were pretty extreme. The gravitron spun us so fast I was stuck to the wall and couldn't even turn my head. Lol

If there were rides to go on right now I'd go on them - more pregnant like end of second and third tri when you're showing and things are expanding and ligaments are loose etc I wouldn't

Before I knew I was pregnant with DS (like a few days post conception I guess) I went for a night out and drank soooo much, I'm not a massive drinker so it was really bad luck that that weekend ended up being so boozy. I fel awful about it, I wasn't expecting to be pregnant (obviously!) and worried about the effect on LO. My MW reassured me that it happens a lot to women who aren't actively ttc and abstaining from pregnancy no-no's.

Thank you everyone. I feel much better about it. :)

The weekend before I discovered I was pregnant with DD1 was my sisters birthday party. I drank far too much wine, sat in a sauna, ate all kinds of cheese and shell fish and even had a drunken cigarette...pretty much covered all bases on things you shouldn't do! She's a perfectly healthy 4 year old now ☺️ Try not to over think these things or you'll drive yourself mad with worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"