I didnt realise we were different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren25

Reaction score
Me and OH were talking yesterday and i said we need to deicde what present is from us and whats from santa. He couldnt get his head round what i was saying and said he didnt have a present from mum and dad or nan and grandad everything was from santa. Where as when i was little i had presents from santa then a present from my mum and dad, then others that gave presents were from them, say a present from nan and grandad would have nan and grandad on the tag!!

Now we dont know what to do, i want to go it my way and OH is moaning that we always do things my way and he wants everything from santa and saying were just giving the whole santa thing away if he has presents from other people :dohh:

I know it doesnt really matter now as Bobbys only going to be 8 months but i want to start this year and carry it on!

I think hes going to get confussed if my family are putting nan and grandad, auntie and uncle so and so on the presents and his family are putting santa.

Also i want him to have a present from us but he wants everything to be from santa.

Help :haha:

when we were little we had all our santa presents then one special present off mum and dad and gifts off family were off who gave it to us. so the same as you. and same for OH and thats how were doing it for LO. id feel mean if people brought her a gift and i told LO santa had got it for them xx

All ours were from santa and then family and friends had written on them from nan and pops etc x

When I was little all our presents that my mum and dad got were from santa, then we got presents too from aunt and uncles, grandparents etc. To be honest, I never questioned why I got nothing from my parents even when I believed in santa.

However, once I had kids I decided that they would have their santa presents and then one present from mum and dad just in case they ever questioned why they got presents from every family member but never from us. This has always worked well, of course my 10 and 14 year ols no longer believe in santa and were amazed that we were able to afford everything that 'santa' bought.

I now have a 14m old and will be continuing to do the above, he will have 1 present from mum and dad and the rest will be from santa.

All of my presents were from who they were from, so mum and dad etc. Never had a present from Father Christmas but still believed in him!

I don't actually write tags on presents for my DH and LO. I just wrap them in a certain paper so we know who they're from.

All my mam and dads were off santa, then had ones of aunties and uncles etc i never questioned why my mam and dad got me nothing...lol, when I ws old enough to think about it I kinda knew the truth!

We only had one present of Santa everything else was delivered by Santa my mum said she sent the presents to Santa and he made some if them. That's what were doing with lo has oh didn't celebrate Christmas

All my presents were from Mum and Dad. They bought them, sent them to Santa and he delivered them.

You could try saying to your oh that it wouldn't be fair to everyone else that brought your lo gifts if he says there all from Santa.
I think when my lo is older we may say the main pressent is from Santa, and the rest from everyone else. I wouldn't want him to think all his gifts are from santa, as i want him to write thankyou notes when he is old enough.

Ella will have 1 from santa and her stocking the rest will be from us and whoever bought them. OH was bought up with everything from santa but I don't agree with it as I want ella to be able to thank people for her gifts

All mine were from Santa, and Santa left presents at Grandma and Grandad's, Aunties and Uncles houses for me. I will be carrying on that tradition for as long as possible!.

Amelie got very upset at the suggestion that grandma/mummy and daddy/uncle dom is buying her a present for christmas too so we're just saying santa delivers them at different houses :rofl: Hopefully she'll be okay next year.

We have presents from santa
presents from family members
and presents from friends, plus me and OH always get the kids a special present :)

Can I ask, what if someone other than family get your LO a present ??
will the tag say santa, or will it say from XX (persons name) ?? xx

All the presents our parents bought up were from Santa and gifts from friends and relatives were tagged from them. Giving presents to friends and family explains why people go Christmas shopping. If Santa made ALL the presents then the shops wouldn't go crazy in the run up.

When we were little everything from mum and dad was from santa, and presents from other family and friends were from them - if you get me, just like you but without a gift from mum and dad.

I do one present from me, and the rest from santa, and then families are just from the person... x

We do it the same way I was brought up which was that everyone does their xmas shopping and sends the presents to santa for him to deliver on xmas eve and when he delivers them he leaves one from himself too.
I want DD to be grateful if someone gets her something and be able to thank whoever it was which she couldn't do if no-one got her anything and they were all from Santa (iykwim).

We do it the same way I was brought up which was that everyone does their xmas shopping and sends the presents to santa for him to deliver on xmas eve and when he delivers them he leaves one from himself too.
I want DD to be grateful if someone gets her something and be able to thank whoever it was which she couldn't do if no-one got her anything and they were all from Santa (iykwim).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"