I dont feel done but he does :/

Buddysmum89

proud mum of Seb & Lilith
Reaction score
Over the years myself and OH had a definitive number of children we'd like! It fluctuated! After our first (now 7 years old) he said that our son was enough for him! My broodiness however had other ideas, we suffered a shock MC in January 2014 and it destroyed my soul! After this he slowly came around to the idea of maybe one more? We began TTC in 2016, by 2017 I was pregnant with our daughter who was born 20 months ago now! Though the pregnancy was frought with problem after problem..obstetric cholestasis, cytomegalovirus, gallstones etc! And of course an elective c section at 38+3, I still yearn for maybe one more..like a last hurrah! I turned 30 in June this year and OH was 33 this year..I realise now that time will not be on my side for much longer and that scares me!

I have broached the subject to gauge a reaction from OH, just one more I say? It's a flat out no :/

I lay awake at night...thoughts swilling around my head and I just cant seem to shake the thought! I dont want to live in the land of what if? And then come around to doing something about it and then realising I'm too old! I get it, our finances will be well and truly pushed and stretched to their limits..but God.. tiny baby though! Makes it worth it <3

Just one more? Even if it is when Lilith starts school (2 years from now) I'd give anything for just one more!

I feel like I'm trapped! :(

I know how you feel as I AM too old now and always wish I could have had one more. So let me tell you from an older mummy that biologically you won't be TOO old for a good 15 years yet!
But I think the only thing to do is to have a very honest heart to heart with your OH and letting him see how you feel and how sad you are. I wish you the very best and hope you get your heart's desire. :hugs:

So after we had our first my husband too changed his mind about the number! We had always said 2 as a minimum, maybe 3. Then he said 1 is enough. I completely lost it with him saying he can't change his mind when I am already committed to him etc. Basically he saw how much it meant to me and he agreed to try for a second one in the fear he would loose me otherwise. For the third one it's a big no no too. I am thinking maybe when our daughter and future baby will be older we could have a little last baby or even adopt one. I am hoping when the kids are older he will change his mind. I am ok with two though. I guess you will need to decide if you can live with just having two. These are very difficult issues to solve. Maybe you can change your mind too about something that's important to him to make him realise how you are feeling.

I feel your pain. I’ve got two boys 5 and 8 and suffered a third miscarriage after my youngest I was very poorly with an infection and basically made my husband have a vasectomy. Four years on I deeply regret it and I am desperate for another child but my husband says no flat out no. I’m heartbroken and literally don’t know how I’m going to carry on like this especially as I’m 36 so time isn’t in our side. I will always regret not trying and feel like theirs something missing in my life it’s tearing me up inside. I’ve calmly talked to my husband and explained all this but it’s still a no and now and I just don’t even want to be around him

I definitely feel you. I want another kid, but mainly due to finances, we can't have another. My husband is 40 and I will be 36 in a few months. I have a 7.5 year old son with special needs (which adds some complications into the mix), and a 4.5 year old daughter. We both work full time to make ends meet and its hard to juggle childcare coverage/expenses. My husband says he is too "old" but he did say, if we both made a lot of money he would have more kids. Its a tough situation, but I likely know its not happening.

My heart goes out to you. It seems like you've tried to communicate. Have you thought about going to a counselor? Maybe having a mediator could help. I'm praying for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->