I don't know what this feeling is..can anyone help?

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
Starting about yesterday or so, I have random times where I'm sitting still and I feel like something is sort of pushing at my abdomen from inside. It isn't like butterflies. And it doesn't feel the same as the stretching of my uterus.

Could this be the baby? If not, what else could it be?

I have a feeling it's baby. I only got the "flutter" feeling for a few days before it turned into pokes from the inside all the time. It's probably LO making their prescence known!

It's most likely baby, I never felt the "butterflies" I always felt proper movement and kicks, but that didn't start for me until about 16 1/2 weeks.

Starting about yesterday or so, I have random times where I'm sitting still and I feel like something is sort of pushing at my abdomen from inside. It isn't like butterflies. And it doesn't feel the same as the stretching of my uterus.

I could have written this exact post, LoL! I feel the exact same thing. It's like a weird pressure.

I assumed it was gas. I think I prefer to think it's the baby, though. :)

Felt same thing i think. Like a pressure, almost like something pushing or a dropping feeling, if that makes any sense. I thought gas at first, but i've never felt gas feel like this. I've heard organs and your uterus will shift, so maybe it's that?

I never got the flutter feeling, my early kicks with both pregs have just felt like super tiny lil kicks or prods. I felt both at 16 weeks

It's good to know other people at the same stage are feeling the same thing. I do hope it's the baby I'm feeling. :)

well girls id say thats definatly baby giving ya kicks. as thats the only way i can explain to someone what a baby feels like when it kicks. hope it is for yous and not wind :) x

if its a pressure youre feeling it could be braxton hicks hun?

Same here! I feel this subtle yet noticable pressure from the inside of my abdomen almost like something wants to come out from the inside? LOL if that makes any sense! I totally get it! been feeling the same for a few days now...strange?

I get this and it feels really tight as well with pressure is that what you mean? I think mine were braxton hicks?? Not sure though, but they dont feel like kicks.

just popped over from 1st Tri! I am just 12 weeks and have been getting this feeling for about a week! almost like pressure low down as if something wants to come out! more so when I stand suddenly....hmmmm.....other symptoms almost completely gone!! :flower:

I wrote pretty much the same post last Saturday! I felt wierd feelings last weekend and all of this week and I have put it down to either expanding of the uterus or baby kicking/moving. I thought 'fluttering' would feel different but a friend of mine who is now pregnant with her second child said that it starts off strangely and then goes into more noticeable kicks.

It's a good thing I think - it is lovely to know that your baby is saying hi to you!

xx

If its a sudden burst of pressure, I'd say its baby kicking.

If its a pressure/tension then I'm quite curious if its baby or BH or something else.
For a while now I get the occassional pressure... if its baby, then baby is stretching out and slowly pushing towards my hips. This lasts for maybe 10 seconds but isn't a sudden burst of sensation or anything.

Anyone know if that slow pressure is BH?

I've gotten this and it stopped me dead in my tracks!! It's baby, when this happens to me I touch where the pressure is and you can feel the baby. It's like a hard ball in one spot, I love it but it does feel odd.

Yep! Sounds like its the baby! I had a hard time pinpointing what was baby vs gas, but now that I'm further along and feel baby a lot, I can totally tell the difference. The further along you get I think you'll notice that what you're feeling now is baby turning over :) congrats!!

It is the wierdest feeling.. My lil man does that alot... like hes got a foot on my crotch...not trying to give u a bad thought but think of a queef that you cant let go...yea.. he does that alot..then he will get off of it and move around. Silly boy.. Doesnt know any better :p

To me, it sounds like you're having a braxton hicks and the baby is to one side.

Ive been having them for a few weeks now (in my first pregnancy I only got them 3 weeks before having her!!) and they squeeze the baby and sqash it against my side.

Braxton hicks to me feels like: my heart beats a little quicker, i feel like i need to breathe in a bit more, my tummy goes hard (sometimes just in the one place - where the baby is), and it feels like squeezing in my tummy! That's the best I can describe it!

Does that sound right or not??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"