I dont know whether to go into work tonight

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
is it too early to not go in?

My work know I am pregnant and I have been sent to medical room twice last night from being sick so much.
I finished work at 7am this morning haveing workied since 1900 (12 hr shift) and I am now up at 12.30 being sick!
I am scared that my body isnt going to be getting enough sleep!
I have been told to clal in sick if i cant come in and say its maternity related?

But would it be taking the piss two days after I told them?
I start tonight at 1900 and finish at 7am the next morning.

Just dunno if i can handle being awake all night again and being sick every 5 mins!
x

can i just ask,what job do you do??i think that will be a big determine whether or not you should go in,obv if its something quite manual where you'll be moving about alot its prob not a very good idea to go in.
hope u feel better soon!it sounds mad but im actually quite envious that you have morning sickness lol, im 7weeks and have no symptoms so im sooooo worried ,could do with a tad of sickness for the reassurance!
https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev344pr___.png

lol i have only been sick yesterday I ave been heaving all other times.
my mil thinks it means its a girl lol.
sorry i cant see what i am writing as my cat is sitting in front of the screen she wont leaev me aone

anyway what do i do? I work where you call 999, so its quite a stressful job. Basically when you dial 999 i am ont he phone giving medical advice etc and calming people down till crew arrive.
x

oh well in that case i would say dont go in if you still feel terrible,you dont want to be giving out medical advice then have to dash to the loo, lol not very helpful to anyone really, im sure work will understand, just explain that your sickness is really bad and you dont want to put any1s lives at risk,should do the trick :)
good luck!

pmsl i heaved downt he phone to someone last night, they asked what that was and thought the phone had cut off hahahaah!
x

oh dear!not good lol,stay home,its not nice hearing people heave and I especially wouldnt expect to hear it from the 999 service lol.def stay home,feet up,ginger biscuits used to help me when i was preg with DS

yea alot of people have said ginger biscuits.
I just hope i get paid for it.
What with the wedding coming up I cant afford any time off unpaid!
x

If you get paid for normal sick days you will get paid.
Where I work there is only statutory sick pay, which doesn't kick in until you've been ill for 3 days.

I get 1 month full pay and 2 months half pay!

i have only ever had 3 days off sick which was last week by all accounts as I had migraines
x

what about maybe going in and if you are not well getting away? My friend is a nurse at a hosp and she did that when she was real ill... she had been off a while and then she thought she had better try a shift so not to leave them in the lurch...but her work were OK that if she felt like s hit she could just leave and go home (she was just getting over a kidney infection)

mine arent like that. If i go in and get sent home they put me down as the whole shift sick anyway

Just scared I am risking things only haveing slept 2 hours in 24hrs?
x

I would stay home hun. You need as much rest as possible. As you say, if you tell them it's maternity related then they'll understand. Put your feet up, settle down with some ginger biccies (oh see if you can get some travel sickness bands, they really help alot of the time! Boots sell them) and get some well earned rest.
This pregnancy business is exhausting in itself without being up all night puking!

:hugs:

hunny ur pregnant and no matter what job u work in Im pretty sure its law that you can take time off no questions asked and should be with pay. its not like ur skanking it off for a crafty day off. ur having a baby and they will understand that, so kick off ur shoes, relax and enjoy an evening off. hope ur well hunny. missing you but hope to see u soon ;) xxxxx :hugs:

I really feel for you hun.
You seem to be ill quite early too.
I was practically bedded for 7 weeks this time, right up until 13 weeks.
I hope you can take a lot of time of work, as you have a long way to go until 2nd Trimester!!
Good Luck xx

hunny ur pregnant and no matter what job u work in Im pretty sure its law that you can take time off no questions asked and should be with pay. its not like ur skanking it off for a crafty day off. ur having a baby and they will understand that, so kick off ur shoes, relax and enjoy an evening off. hope ur well hunny. missing you but hope to see u soon ;) xxxxx :hugs:

I know i will see you over here soon! I have seen the tests to prove it!!!!!
x

If you tell them it's mat related, by law they are supposed to pay you sick leave and it doesn't go down on your normal sick record.

If it did, it would be sex discrimination, apparently, as men obviously can't suffer from this and we as women shouldn't be penalised.

Hope you feel better!

I really feel for you hun.
You seem to be ill quite early too.
I was practically bedded for 7 weeks this time, right up until 13 weeks.
I hope you can take a lot of time of work, as you have a long way to go until 2nd Trimester!!
Good Luck xx

oh god dont say that! I hope I aint gonna be this ill until 2nd trimester!!!!
Hubs thinks its twins as I got symptoms 1dpo!!!
We will see.
xxx

If you tell them it's mat related, by law they are supposed to pay you sick leave and it doesn't go down on your normal sick record.

If it did, it would be sex discrimination, apparently, as men obviously can't suffer from this and we as women shouldn't be penalised.

Hope you feel better!

So regardless of the time I have off i should get paid?
I am really worried as I do seem to be having symoptoms already and am hoping i am not in for a bad pregnancy!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"