• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I dont know whether to go into work tonight

If you tell them it's mat related, by law they are supposed to pay you sick leave and it doesn't go down on your normal sick record.

If it did, it would be sex discrimination, apparently, as men obviously can't suffer from this and we as women shouldn't be penalised.

Hope you feel better!

So regardless of the time I have off i should get paid?
I am really worried as I do seem to be having symoptoms already and am hoping i am not in for a bad pregnancy!
x

yes its law! or its discrimination!

it is the law that women can't be penalised for any pregnancy related illness as it is out of your control.I'm 15+3 and I've been off work now for 8 weeks due to hyperemesis, my sickness seems to be getting worse instead of better so I've no idea at all when I will be fit to return to work. I hope you don't suffer like me but do take time off work if you need it as you have to look after yourself and your little bean.

If you're entitled to sick pay then by law, you should get paid for pregnancy related sickness!
I'm not entitled to sick pay as I havent been there long enough (we have to be employed there for 2 years and I've only been there 6 months lol!) but I know that I wont get disciplined for being off sick due to my pregnancy. Even tho I dont get sick pay, I wont get penalised for being off as it's against the law :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"