I don't know whether to laugh or cry (long)

Lallie

Reaction score
We've just had one of those phone calls that changes EVERYTHING and learned our happy gentle life in Argentina is coming to an end in March! My OH has been given a big promotion at work. He's been director of his company for Latin America for three years. We lived in Costa Rica for a year, and have been in Buenos Aires for two years, which I have really loved. OH has just been made director of UK and Australia/New Zealand, and we have to move to London in 8 weeks. I am in shock! I'll be 32 weeks pregnant!! I have to pack up and ship a houseful of furniture, sell our car, put my labrador and two elderly cats into quarantine, kiss our friends and life here goodbye and wrap up a two year writing project, and find us a house in London to move into, find a midwife and a hospital etc, the thought of it all makes me weak. Although I am Australian I lived in London for many years and met my English OH there. We have friends and family there thank goodness, but we were planning to move home to Australia next year (home was Sydney before LatAm), and now I have to break the news to my elderly parents and my sisters that we now won't be coming home, probably for five years. What worries me the most is that we conceived our little girl through IVF here in Argentina and we have frozen embryos here. We were planning to try for number two as soon as she was weaned. Our embryos are from donor eggs, and I am frightened we won't be able to transport them to UK. Arrgh. Sorry to rabbit on, I think I must be in shock.What I wouldn't give for a brandy right now..

I dont know what to say - but I thought I had worries with having to get my flat re-arranged from top to bottom! Nothing compared to what you have to sort out!!!

I am not suprised you are in shock , I wish you all the luck that all goes smootly for you xxx

I have had to change countries a lot in my life, and though the timing is not ideal (and is it ever) I'm sure you know as well as I do that in the end it all works out for the best. This is a crazy situation but I'm sure you'll manage. Could you come back to Argentina like on a vacation and do the IVF there? Not sure if that would work/cost prohibitive etc. There are probably some egg transportation laws and regulations but I'm sure there is some contingency for something like this. I have to ship organs at work and there are some permits and stuff but it's not overly complicated.

Bloody hell! You poor thing!! What a mission!
Who can you ask about you eggies? I'm sure there must be some way to transport them, or could you fly back for treatment when the time is right? My goodness, I am sure you will get through it all, but try not to get too stressed (yeah right!)

And, welcome back to the UK! LOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"