I don't think its ever going to happen

Rei

Reaction score
Hello all, looks like I'm back over here. For a while I thought we were not trying not preventing, but after a little mishap and me getting excited about possibly being pregnant my husband officially told me we were waiting.....I think reality sunk in for him I guess....

Anyway, not pregnant and now I guess I won't be till I'm done with college I'm 24 now and I was set back a semester because my husband's job relocated him (which is better pay so I can't really complain there.) I just feel like when I'm finally done with college (another three yrs) something is gonna happen...I feel it in my bones....like having to pay off a student loan first. XD

Honestly I'm just tired of waiting...I've been waiting since I was 18. I know some people have been waiting longer and I probably shouldn't complain but I am...

I've wanted a baby since I was 17, dh and I discussed it at 19 and he then proposed so I said well we might as well try after the wedding.
We were still renting a house from his parents so we didn't know whether to start ttc or move we moved 10 months after we got married and waited a further 4 months before trying, it took 3-4 months ttc/ntnp before I fell pregnant and then obviously 9 months of pregnancy before ds was born.
In the end I was 24 when ds was born, and I'll be 27 in July so I'll be 28 before the next one and feel like I'm not going to fit in all the children I wanted as we didn't end up getting the 18m-2yr gap we originally planned.
Have you had a ♡2♡ with your dh?
Because honestly I'd have bought our house sooner, before we were married, got married sooner and ttc as soon as we were married if we had our time again.
Xx

I understand how you feel. We are waiting to try for #2 because I am finishing up my Masters degree and have an internship to complete, so I can't work full-time which makes money tight for us sometimes. I am the same age as you, but I only have about a year left now.

Personally, from my experiences, I recommend waiting until you are finished school to ntnp/ttc because I am raising my 1st while I am finishing graduate school and I absolutely hate having to leave him to go to school and it can also be difficult trying to complete homework assignments when you have a house to clean, meals to make, get ready for the day etc all while the baby is asleep. I am lucky that my dad is retired and can come down and babysit, but without him, I would not be able to get it all done. I can't wait until I graduate because school really prevents me from focusing 100% on my family.

Things will work themselves out after you graduate. If your student loans are Stafford loans, you can consolidate them for easy monthly payments (you will end up paying more in interest in the long-term though) and I know that the bank I got my loan through offers a forbearance of up to a year if you have a child, so that would also help. My student loan debt after graduation will be about $60,000 (Bachelors + Masters loans) and my monthly payments after consolidation will be about $320.

I don't even know when I'll have children. :shrug: Plus I don't feel ready to be a parent yet and I want to go back to school next September (2015) to work with children. Hopefully when I have children it won't be too late.

Thank you all for replying and sharing your stories. My husband and I have actually been discussing a baby a lot lately and he admitted to try to put it off till after I was 30 -_-; but he also admitted that our original plans were to have a child before I was 30 and we both agreed that I should wait til after school.. Hopefully my student loans won't be too expensive because I know that would be an issue >.> XD so fingers crossed by the time I'm 28

Six years is still a long time, don't feel bad. What are you going to school for and how much longer?

I honestly wouldn't worry about paying off your student loans before ttc unless that’s something you really want to do. If you work out a payment plan (like dvc said), it will be easier to take care of. Not sure if all loans are like this, but I know that some change over time (increase) so it's easier to pay when you're just starting to work.

I'm currently going to school for a degree in biochemistry my aim is to go to school during the summer as well and be done in two years. However it might turn into three worst case scenario (ooooh maybe I'll be 27 :) )That makes me feel better that I can work out a payment plan. Thank you ladies for that info. I think it was mostly scaring me because of an existing car note but I should be done paying off the car by then.

I actually wish I hadn't waited so long I have a degree, diploma and a postgraduate diploma with qualified teacher status and I still felt so incomplete...I guess im just not ambitious and career driven at all. It's all been about having a family and so far it's everything I've hoped for and wanted.

Six years is still a long time, don't feel bad. What are you going to school for and how much longer?

I honestly wouldn't worry about paying off your student loans before ttc unless that’s something you really want to do. If you work out a payment plan (like dvc said), it will be easier to take care of. Not sure if all loans are like this, but I know that some change over time (increase) so it's easier to pay when you're just starting to work.

At the college here you have to start paying back your loan(s) six months after graduation.There is a repayment assistant plan you can apply for if you are unable to pay back the loan(s).

I actually wish I hadn't waited so long I have a degree, diploma and a postgraduate diploma with qualified teacher status and I still felt so incomplete...I guess im just not ambitious and career driven at all. It's all been about having a family and so far it's everything I've hoped for and wanted.

I think that's how I feel. The degree isn't so much for my career as it is an end to start a family. That's all I've ever wanted. Where I'm from originally degrees don't really get anyone anywhere it actually over qualifies them for a lot of jobs so I guess that doesn't help my feelings about having to finish school. XD like my husband says you have to be prepared for anything I guess.

At the college here you have to start paying back your loan(s) six months after graduation.There is a repayment assistant plan you can apply for if you are unable to pay back the loan(s).

Yup just got off the phone with them today actually. After school is done I have six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->