I don't understand my opk results!

dinky

happy mum to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I've been using opks the past few days (Internet cheapies) and been getting bfns. Well today some new one step opks arrives in the post so I did one and got a bfp! A few hours later I decided to take a one step and a ic with the same sample of urine and one is bfp and one is bfn. I'm so confused, what should I make of it? The top pink one is the unbranded ic and the bottom green one is the one step test. Photo taken at 10 minutes.

Screenshot_2016-01-31-22-29-11.jpg

This is the first test I did earlier with the new tests when they arrived

Screenshot_2016-01-31-19-27-57.jpg

Both tests at 20 minutes

Screenshot_2016-01-31-22-40-22.jpg

Ugh. The mixed results are frustrating. Where are you at in your cycle, and at you showing any other fertile signs?

I'm on cd11 now and I've been having ewcm for the past few days and also my cervix has been high soft and open for a few days. I've been using the pink tests for the past few cycles and gotten bfps with them on cd13. Today's the first time I've used the green ones. I don't know what to put on my chart lol!!

This is the first test I did earlier with the new tests when they arrived

View attachment 926088

This one looks positive. The picture with the two tests neither look positive. Could your surge have been short and over by the time you tested the second time?

It's difficult when they are mixed. I would probably put positive but test a few more days just incase.

I think the green ones are more sensitive than the pink ones. I defo didn't get a pos yesterday with the pink ones I did 2 through the day before the green one. I've done 2 this morning, I don't normally test until around 2pm but couldn't wait today! They are both positive, the pink tests never get quite as dark as the control line, I've used them a few months and never had a obvious bfp but when I look at them in real life the lines do look the same it's just when I take a picture of them! The green ones are a lot better I think

Screenshot_2016-02-01-10-13-43.jpg

Have always used the green with accurate results. Could be right that the green are more sensitive.

Yeah I think they are, will try and stick to these from now on!

Both tests at 20 minutes

View attachment 926092

Most of the tests I have used have advised not to read the results after 4 minutes. This is because evaporation can cause the test line to show up or darken but that is not a true indication of your test results. I agree that the green one appears to be positive and the pink not so much, however I would be careful about waiting too long to read the results, make sure to read the instructions carefully to see if it is okay to read after that long.

I think the green ones are more sensitive than the pink ones. I defo didn't get a pos yesterday with the pink ones I did 2 through the day before the green one. I've done 2 this morning, I don't normally test until around 2pm but couldn't wait today! They are both positive, the pink tests never get quite as dark as the control line, I've used them a few months and never had a obvious bfp but when I look at them in real life the lines do look the same it's just when I take a picture of them! The green ones are a lot better I think

View attachment 926156

These both look positive to me! :thumbup:

Thanks Erin :) the tests say on the back to read the results at 10 minutes, the ones I took this morning were within 10 minutes, the lines came up straight away! Specially on the green one :)

Thanks Erin :) the tests say on the back to read the results at 10 minutes, the ones I took this morning were within 10 minutes, the lines came up straight away! Specially on the green one :)

That's great, those were probably very accurate then. Good luck!!

Thank you :) just done these and the Green one is still pos but the pink one isn't anymore, maybe my surge is on its way down now

Screenshot_2016-02-01-20-15-18.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->