I don't want to be a fat pregnant lady :(

ameeann

Reaction score
Okay so I'm technically classed as "overweight" with a BMI of 26 (normal range is 18 - 25) so I'm just out of the "normal" weight range . . . however, I'm not overly fond of looking at myself naked, hate the way I look in pretty much anything and I am seriously a self conscious person!
ATM I am lucky, and I'm not massively overweight, so have no health issues (other than asthma, which isn't weight related for me)

but my worst fear when getting pregnant, is piling on too much weight!

I really don't want to be one of those pregnant ladies, who don't just put baby weight on but they put weight on everywhere!

I don't want to be too out of breath and really not enjoy my pregnancy, and I really don't want to look like that!

I know this is quite shallow and my main reason for not wanting to put on too much weight should be health reasons, but surely other people feel like this too?

I just want to know that I'm not alone with this thought! lol

:dust: to all!

Same here. But I look at it as...if I have to gain a little weight to get my baby then I will. It's just being committed to losing the weight after givinig birth and not just setting back complaining about it. Dont worry about it. You dont need the stress! :)

I completely understand where you are coming from. I lost around 20 pounds prior to my husband and I TTC. Something really important to think about is that too much weight can cause problems for the baby. Both while developing inside of you and health issues once they are born. That is something I spent a lot of time talking to my GYN about.

But just remember that every pregnant woman is beautiful. You are creating a life inside of you! What could possible be ugly about that?:)

thanks ladies I suppose throughout the pregnancy as long as I am aware of the things I am putting in my body and the exercising I am doing then it shouldn't really be too much of a problem!
as I said, I'm not massively over weight to begin with, it just worries me thats all!
I think I'm going to focus on dropping a few pounds (the safe ways of course) over the next couple of weeks, hopefully in time for my BFP :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->