I don't want to cosleep but..

L

Laura--x

I don't know how im going to stop myself :blush:.

I really don't want to cosleep because i just wouldn't feel safe doing it with my and oh in the bed, but when oh doesn't stay i just know im going to find it so hard not to have her next to me to cuddle up too in bed!

Is it a bad idea to say around 4/5am say if my baby has a feed then to bring her into bed with me from that time untill we get up? As in, will this make sleeping in her cot/crib harder than if i just kept her in there at all times?

x

I didn't co sleep religiously but when she was in my room and waking up 6/7 times a night it was just easier to bring her into bed with me because she would sleep for longer. However then she started snoring in her sleep so she no longer came into the bed! Haha. Even now though I get tempted to let her in bed with me to snuggle up but I know if I start letting her she'll get too used to it. But when they are tiny it's not so bad. And you'll be surprised at your subconscious ability to lie perfectly still while your asleep with her next to you...

I love co-cleeping, and didn't want to stop. For us though, it was easy. When she got to three months I decided to stop before she really became aware of the fact that she was in my bed every night. We put her in her cot one night and she never cried once, just went down straight away.

We still bring her into bed with us in the morning.

If you wan to co-sleep, I recommend oushing your bed against the wall or getting a bed guard and sleeping with her next to you, rather than between you and your OH as your OH will sleep deeper than you do. Also make sure she is swaddled or in a sleeping bag, not with covers around or near her. I just wrapped my covers around me and had Niamh in a sleeping bag.

Finally, make sure there are no pillows above or around her.

Don;t feel bad about co-sleeping though, I thought it was great and still love our morning cuddles. :)

:hugs: Are you planning on breastfeeding?

We co-sleep and I have Elliot by the wall in a Snugglenest then I'm in the middle of the bed with my pillow turned round so it takes up half the space then DP is on the end. I feel safe doing it this way and it's worked for us (we've got a bed that's slightly smaller than a double..!!!).

x

Thanks girls.

Im not planning on breastfeeding no.

I do want to try to not get into the co-sleeping habit, not for any reason other than because we have a sofabed to use as a sofa in the day and bed of a night, it's trouble getting it down when she will go to bed so we have to sit on a bed till we go to sleep and whatnot.

I do want her to get used to being in her own cot and stuff, what i wanted to know really was if i decided after early morning feeds to bring her into bed with us would this disrupt her sleeping in her own cot? x

I'm sure it'd be fine as long as you're following the safety precautions - you could ask in the Formula Feeding bit if anyone co-sleeps and if they have any tips :)

(it's great for breastfeeding not having to get up!!!) x

We didn't co-sleep, but we had her in our room with us. Her pack n' play was pushed right up against my side of the bed and it was the same height, so she was pretty much in bed with us w/o being in bed with us.

I dont really co-sleep. She has been in her own room and crib since a week old. Although I do bring her in for morning snuggles, and there is the odd night that she wakes up and wont settle so I bring her in. She doesnt seem to have any problems going back into her bed the next night.

We didn't co-sleep, but we had her in our room with us. Her pack n' play was pushed right up against my side of the bed and it was the same height, so she was pretty much in bed with us w/o being in bed with us.

We did that too for the first few weeks, sometimes we'd bring her in bed in the mornings to get some more sleep and occasionally we fell asleep with her still in bed but it was fine. Newborns really can't develop habits until they are 3+ months old. Now Kathryn sleeps best in her crib, even if we try to have her nap in our bed during the day she'd much rather be in her own crib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->