• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I drank a couple sips of Mr. Pibb?!?!?!

lcmorla

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't have but I was so thirsty. I only drank a few sips!

I drank soda up until about a month ago. I don't think it'll cause any issues, sure it's not the best thing for you or baby but I don't think it'll cause any damage. My OB never said anything about it being harmful either.

If you are worried about the caffeine, you can rest easy that Mr. Pibb is well within the amounts that we are "allowed". I personally avoid any caffeine, but it is just my personal preference. Many woman continue having a cup of coffee or a coke, and have completely healthy pregnancies. So you could have drank the whole thing, and still be fine =)

You could have drank the whole can, bottle etc! My doctor was very clear that caffeine is not a threat in low doses so to speak, try to keep it under 150 mg a day ( about 3 cans of soda)

I am a sodaholic and unfortunately I had to give up caffeine with this pregnancy because I was having such a strong reaction to it and even if I drank it in the afternoon, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Your baby is fine :) Try not to beat yourself up over a few sips of soda! You're human! Babies are designed to survive us!

If you were a jogger before you were pregnant it should be fine as your body is used to it :) Something smart my nurse told me is you should be able to hold a conversation while doing any kind of exercise while pregnant, if you can't you might need to slow up just a bit until you can comfortably hold a conversation.

But then again you are probably more active then I am, you can always call your local ER, pharmacy, or midwife office and they will have all the answers. But us preggers on here are pretty obsessive so we usually have a worthwhile answer ;)

Why are you so worried?? The caffeine?? You're totally fine!!! I mean obviously soda isn't the best choice for several reasons, but they say up to about 200mg of caffeine a day is supposed to be safe. I've been using sodas as a "treat." A can of Coke only has 30 something (34 maybe??) mg's of caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"