I dunno why it's just starting to bother me...

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
But I feel kinda sad that I never pushed Lylah out myself. I mean yeah she came out the right hole and everything, but I read birth stories where people pushed their babies out, could feel their babies coming out etc and Because I ended up with a spinal and forceps, I never got to feel that, even though I was pushing for 2 hours and she still didn't come out on her own.
Weirdo lol.
I dunno why its bothering me since I plan to have an epidural with my next
:rofl:

I had a spinal and forceps and said to my OH the other day I felt a bit cheated that I didn't feel Phoebe coming out, I think I pushed for an hour and a half but she had turned herself around so there was no way she was going to come out.

Looking back I would not change it though because I had a very painful labour.

:hug:

I had the same with my first and I think that was a big part of why I was so set on not having an epi this time.

I have to say this birth was amazing....I would do it again in a heartbeat. I really enjoyed it but either way you dont get a medal!!! Bottom line is, you are both here and safe!

I had an epi and forceps as well and I'm actually ok with it because it was the only way Phoenix would come out. I pushed for over an hour and he hardly moved. Plus all the pushing made my chest muscles lock and I couldn't breathe (was given oxygen) so there was absolutely no way I could continue to push.

I had a section and it bothers me alot. I felt really disconnected from the birth and I cant read birth stories anymore because I get so upset reading how some births go perfectly. Mine was horrible and traumatic... I felt like I didnt give birth to her.

I don't feel bad that I had to have a c-section but I feel jealous of moms who are able to deliver vaginally without any problems, so I have never ventured into the birth stories area of the forum. Hell, I'm even jealous of the moms who had c-sections and are feeling like themselves already.. it's not fairrrrr.

Thanks girls, it is nice to know there are others that feel the same.
I mean, the spinal block was not an option for me, I had to have it in order for the forceps, but the amount of agony I was in before hand was crazy, im kinda glad I ended up with it pain wise. I just kinda wish I could have gotten her out myself.
But then as I say, the relief was instant with the spinal, so I would love an epi next time so the pain goes away, im kinda contradicting myself here lol. It depends on how bad the labour is next time I guess.
xxx

Epi's are amazing but I think the epi contributed to me needing forceps. I was so tired and I couldnt even use gravity to help me push. :(

hun i felt the same about having to be induced... i felt like I missed out on all the excitement etc :( I still look back and think how nice it would have been to have contractions on my own etc!! :(

i had a c-section and i feel exactly the same hun :( feels like its taken something out of it... like that how giving birth is meant to be, and altho i HAD to have the c-section, i personally feel like a bit of a failure as a woman for not doing it myself :cry:

but, no matter how it was done, we have gorgeous babies because of it :D. huge :hugs: hun! x x

:hugs: I know how you feel, i'm ok with it now but for a while I felt like I'd really failed as a woman, I'd had to have the stitch in to maintain my pregnancy, ended up with a section because of failure to progress and then had inverted nipples so couldn't breastfeed :hissy:

I think I've found with a lot of things from the whole pregnancy and birthing experience, you can't plan for it and the most unexpected things happen, they might be far from perfect and not at all like you imagined or wanted... but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is that we have our little ones safe and sound :cloud9: It's still ok to feel a bit cheated tho - I know I do, but I get over it every time i look at alex :hugs:

I understand how u feel... I had a c section (failure to progress) after a perfect pregnancy. I had a general anesthetic too so I was unconsious. Billie was out of me for an hour before I even saw her. I am so gutted I never got to see her emerge from my body but obviously delighted she's here safe and sound xx

I had an emergency c-section so I feel like I haven't done it properly either.

i had a c-section and i feel exactly the same hun :( feels like its taken something out of it... like that how giving birth is meant to be, and altho i HAD to have the c-section, i personally feel like a bit of a failure as a woman for not doing it myself :cry:

I could have wrote that! Feel exactly the same about being a failure. I can't read birth stories as I sit and cry so avoid them.

Will be attempting a VBAC next time as I'm desperate to feel like a real woman.

thankyou to everyone! You ladies are fantastic, I can always count on you guys to understand.
xxxxx

I had an emergency section after trying to push him out myself and even now 9 months on im not over it i think about it everyday it really gets me down i feel a faliure x :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->