I feel as though I havent got a clue :(

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel as though I dont know what Im doing;
I dunno what Im meant to be buying for nicky. So far he has alot of clothes, changing station with bath and mat- couple of new bottles that I got today, nappies and baby toiletries, a pram, moses basket & a cot thats still at his fathers.
Should I be concerned about getting everything NOW? Or is it better to wait until he's born....
I feel as though Im in a great rush to get everything done, but the thing is, I just dont know what Im doing:cry:
It took just over a month to complete my room (and babies) and for one room, it wasnt cheap (cost over £600) and now that's done, Im kinda lost!
Can you give me any advice?

Relax. :) Remember that baby stores don't close the moment you give birth. If you're missing anything, you can always get it after the baby is born, so try not to worry about having absolutely everything antenatally.

I feel I've got everything I now need for labour, delivery and the first couple of weeks at home with the baby. I have a cot, moses basket, mattresses, sheets, blankets, muslin squares, cot mobile, nursing chair, newborn vets, sleepsuits, dreampods, hats, booties, socks, outfits, bibs. I also have lots of newborn nappies, nappy cream, baby soap, lotion, a baby bath and other toiletry items. I'm planning on breastfeeding so I got a breastpump, some bottles just in case, nipple cream, sterilising equipment. Got my carseat, pram with assessories, changing mat etc.

I'm probably leaving out some things. But as long as the baby has his toiletry items for hygiene, nappies, vests and sleepsuits, breastmilk or formula, sterilising equipment, carseat, his cot or moses basket with blankets etc, he'll be okay. Remember in the first couple of weeks, you'll only be feeding him, bathing him, and putting him to bed, with only minor interaction as he'll want to sleep like a cat. :)

Nicky's 3D ultrasound picture is gorgeous. As you can see in my signature, I also got one done of Joey at 26+6 weeks.

Defo relax hun ...

Ideas maybe what I have & what I have in 'mind' to get!

Steriliser with couple of bottles (need more)
bouncer
moses basket
cot - with changing unit melody & music mobile thing
swing
nappy bin (pros and cons for these though from diff angles)
nappies x2 packs
bibs
dummies
booties
mittens
bath towel
blanket
baby box & bath stuff
bath bouncer chair
couple of small toys
Clothes - vests socks inc etc
baby monitors with breathing sensor mat

to buy:
more bottles
play mat
pram/carseat ... rain thing cosy toes
Loads of cheaper hand towels (tip from other thread)
moses basket bedding

Cheers girls for the advice and ideas;
I can tick off quite a few of those things on the lists that you have given me, but for some reason it doesnt seem that I have that much at all.
I definitely havent got my labour bag ready- I have quite a few things for nicky, but nothing for me... oh, apart from some slinky knickers that I got yesterday, but they look like they were made from dental floss so Im guessing they'll be no good at all lol, and that 'granny pants' are in order? Hmmmmm.

Thanks gill for the compliment- I was looking at the picture of joey a few days ago wishing that nicky had yawned or something, but all he seemed to do was sleep. He winged a bit and we got a few smiles, but that was about all. :( I was expecting alot more.
Your lil one looks alot bigger than mine in that picture, yet baby nick weighed 5lb at 32 weeks so Im kinda thinking 'HUH?'

Louise,

Aw Joey just kept yawning the whole way through the ultrasound. But he wasn't very active. Rubbed his head a few times. Yeah in that particular ultrasound at 26+6 weeks, Joey was only 2 pounds, 7 ounces. I wasn't expecting him to look so chubby in the pic; it was lovely. At my 35-week scan he already weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces. So he's gonna be a big boy. Aw Nicky looks so sweet in the ultrasound; it's a fantastic keepsake to have. We got a DVD of Joey which was brilliant too; did you get that?

Louise,

Aw Joey just kept yawning the whole way through the ultrasound. But he wasn't very active. Rubbed his head a few times. Yeah in that particular ultrasound at 26+6 weeks, Joey was only 2 pounds, 7 ounces. I wasn't expecting him to look so chubby in the pic; it was lovely. At my 35-week scan he already weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces. So he's gonna be a big boy. Aw Nicky looks so sweet in the ultrasound; it's a fantastic keepsake to have. We got a DVD of Joey which was brilliant too; did you get that?
Hey,
Yea, we got 7 pictures, 1 large, 6 small. A CD rom of 70 images, the video went up on the internet and we got a 20 minute dvd too.
The only thing nicky did was rub his eyes and his 'door-dar' lol, smile, windge and sleep lol.. That was it.
My baby at 32 weeks, (I think Im repeating myself here) weighed 5lbs, but according to my MW yesterday, he's of an average size and Im not having 'an elephant' lol
I wish my lil one would have yawned, Joey looks soooo sweet..

I'm the same as you, very, very confused. However, mine isn't so much in terms of what I'm missing, but just what I know. I'm not sure if I'll know how to hold him properly, if I'll be able to work the safety seat in the car, how to feed him if he doesn't want to eat, and things like that.

My husband is telling me it's ok, and that if I don't know there's always Google, but I'm still stressing out over it.

I'm the same as you, very, very confused. However, mine isn't so much in terms of what I'm missing, but just what I know. I'm not sure if I'll know how to hold him properly, if I'll be able to work the safety seat in the car, how to feed him if he doesn't want to eat, and things like that.

My husband is telling me it's ok, and that if I don't know there's always Google, but I'm still stressing out over it.​
I can TOTALLY relate to the feeding issue. I mean, I dont think I will have a problem once the bottle is in his mouth (Im not breast feeding), it's the amount of bottles to make up- what if the milks too warm or too cold; do I give him a full bottle if he wants it at night- that kinda thing. And also the clothing... what if the clothes I put him in are too warm or not warm enough.
My family keep telling me that things will be ok, and I do trust them considering my dad has rasied alot of kids, but it's just the fear of 'being in the wrong' about something.

You'll be fine don't worry too much :hugs:

LO will certainly let you know when he's hungry lol and will take to the bottle fine. Follow the guidelines on the pack and make up a few oz and see how he goes, don't expect him to take a lot for the first few weeks and then gradually increase it.
Test the bottle on your wrist (as it's sensitive) and try him and make sure you get his wind up by gently rubbing or patting his back after he's finished and he'll sleep soundly.

It's a lot easier than it seems...trust me, I never had any confidence with babies and now I just pick him up for fun.

And if you have any questions there are plenty of mummies on here who'll help so don't be afraid to ask :hugs:

Cx

One thing ive read which i think is a good guide for clothing is a baby will need one layer extra to what you are wearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->