I feel Conflicted about WTT...

Zoey1

Baby Juliette Born 6/10
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I am a new BNB member (28yrs), and I absolutely love this site along with the members apart of it. I have already received wonderful advice on budgeting. Now… I’m just conflicted about WTT. My husband and I recently married in April and we had planned to wait at least a year or so to try and conceive, but I've become so broody and he is along the same lines.

I would really love your advice. I feel so conflicted about starting next month. I’d say 85% really wants to try and conceive and 15% says wait until after our cruise in April. We would also like to save at least 6 months of my salary. If we did decide to begin now we would need to cancel our trip and there is the possibility of not saving enough prior to conceiving. Any advice? Do any of you feel conflicted about WTT? If so, may I ask what you reasons are?

Thx for listening girls!

In response to the "and there is the possibility of not saving enough prior to conceiving"
My OH's sister had a baby at christmas and saved only £50 a week until the baby was born. She managed to buy everything she needed and more & LO never goes without now.

I'm not saying a baby is cheap but you dont need to have a LOT of money to get by.

x

A couple of friends of mine have conceived accidentally with no preperation whatsoever! and they have got by just fine. You find ways and means!
Babies dont have to cost alot. Why would you need to cancel your trip?
If you start saving now you may still have roughly a year to save up before a baby is born even if you conceive fairly soon ...?

Good luck with your decision, whatever you decide x

Sorry i'm probably sounding a bit biased, but when you hold your newborn baby in your arms, saving, holidays, money etc dont have any meaning!
x:cry:

Thanks for the advice Ladies! It helps to hear your thoughts. :)

Hi,

My pregnancy was unplanned and it coincided with me losing my job. We have absolutely no money saved up but with the 5 months left before the birth we are going to try and save a little. Plus we had to cancel our trip to america next march which I was gutted about but I shown got over that because I'm so excited about the baby nothing else really matters. If its something you really want just go for it.

Hi Sparkswillfly!
I am so sorry to hear that you've lost your job, especially when you have a baby on the way, but I love the "go for it attitude!" Your positive attitude is refreshing and Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Thanks for your words of wisdom. I know a vacation is quite trivial when it comes to having a child. It's so nice to be able to bounce concerns and ideas off you fabulous ladies! More advice welcome….

We are TTC at the minute & saving while we're trying altho dont think you need to save loads but can understand people wanting too x
As for your trip I would speak to your GP & ask what their advice would be x

Good luck with whatever decision you make x

Thanks so much Reedy!! Also... GOODLUCK TTC!!! I wish you and your honey all the best. Thanks for the advice about asking my OB about my travel plans. She should be able to give me some insight on whether she recommends cruises for pregnant women at any stage.

I'm loving everyone's thoughts! =)

i am SOOO CONFLICTED about wtt!! on one hand I am sooooo broody, and df wants to go right ahead whenever i decide, with that in mind we originally decided on after my next af (due in 1 weeks time) which (if by the VERY RARE chance i actually got lucky first time) would leave me VERY pregnant at the end of my degree course (finished next May) - part of me says that i don't mind about this as i would only have one exam to do at the end and if the worst came to the worst i could do the resit for it in August.

BUT!!! the other part of me says wait until October's af before ttc as then I wouldn't be so pg at the end of my course (which sounds like the obvious choice!) except that if (as will probably happen) i don't get lucky the very first time then i will end up within my first trimester after January which wouldn't be very good as I have to go on placement (studying Primary Teaching) after January and would struggle if I was throwing up all the time and if (god forbid) I m/c'd I would def not be able to go on with the placement whereas if this happened before Jan whilst I was still in uni I could afford to take a wee bit of time off to get my head round it.

What should I do??? sorry I know this is long but I have been driving myself insane weighing up the pro's and cons!! the other thing is the idea of waiting ANOTHER month makes me want to cry!

in short - starting after af next week (and getting lucky) would mean i was out of first tri by placement time but could mean I would need to resit my final exam if baby came early.

leaving it until oct would mean less time to conceive without being in my first tri on placement (probably would only have that month and poss november before it would be too risky) but would mean i would be most likely be finished with all my exams before baby would come.

i really really want to do this NOW-as does df-and the idea of putting it off just seems to me right now like i'm leaving myself with even less time to get lucky! what is everyone else's opinion? i really need help on this one because i am driving myself mad thinking, thinking, thinking all the time!!! :,-( xxx

Zoey1- I know plenty of people who have unexpected pregnancies and manage fine with the financial side. When you're in that situation then you tend to make it work as you have no other choice. Like Reedy i can see why people do choose to save before they try but even if you caught straight away then you'd still have 9 months of saving! Often family want to contribute too when they find out that there's a new arrival on the way. And as for your cruise just ask your doctor what they would advise

Makemeamammy i've just replied in your other thread (god, i'm chat happy today lol) and i think that if it's what you really want and your OH is ready also then start trying after your next AF. Although if you miss your exam a resit may be hard to revise for with a newborn. But i'm guessing the uni would take into account special circumstances and generally a lot of 1st babies are born late rather than early.

:hugs: to you both

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->