I feel dumb so Im asking you ladies.

Mom 2B

Mom of 2 soon to be 3!
Reaction score
My Little man is almost 2 weeks old and EBF. I want to start pumping so that I can build up a supply in my freezer for when I go out or so OH can feed him some nights and let me sleep. So he will not be getting a bottle very often.

I had some major problems caused by pumping and lack of information about it with my daughter. I was pumping after every feed for about 2 months with her and ended up with too much milk, and a strong let down that would choke her. I dont want that to happen again so im very nervous about pumping. And im not sure how to go about it. I dont think i should pump after every feeding as that will cause my milk to increase and I dont really want that to happen....i just want to save up some to freeze.

My little man eats off only one breast a feeding now and only for about 10-15 minutes. I was thinking of either pumping the opposite breast for the 10-15 minutes a few times a day or maybe even only once a day. I read a few posts on here that said to pump first thing in the morning as that seems to be the best time to get lots of milk.

What do lyou ladies think>? Once in the morning or a few times (2-3) a day? I dont want to end up with too much milk.

BTW I am planning on going out withmy mom on Feb 18th so thats why im wanting to start pummping soon as I know it can take a while for my boobs toget use to the pump.

I'd pump the other breast after he's done feeding...Then pump whatever is left in the one that baby fed on!

If you're not giving a bottle every day then just pump at the morning feed, you will soon have a nice stock of milk. I get about 2 oz extra by pumping in the morning at the same time as feeding LO xx

I pump in the morning always and I just pump the breast he doesnt eat from and usually get about 5oz. I can do that a few times a day but usually only once or twice

I'd pump just once if I were you. I also caused over active letdown/ oversupply by pumping too often (this so I could go to the dentist for lots of fillings!) and that stayed with us for about 3 months despite no more pumping, we had to use nipple shields for three whole months so that my poor baby didn't drown or go on strike! (Eventually the problem has recently gone away (fingers crossed) but that was only because my milk almost dried up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"